Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was that my knees creaking...?...!

Nope - just the rear suspension dear.
No doubt it's the same issue as reported by many other forum members.
This one comes and goes, (mostly 'come'!), and appears random -- it does not seem to be triggered by any particular sway/road bump/speed/brake etc.
3.0 diesel S, 20", production date 1 May 2016, delivered 2 Aug 2016, the first one on the road in Perth, Western Australia.
Got about 1500km on the clock now.

Have asked the dealer (Barbagallo) again if the starter motor cable is on recall for my car.....my production date is smack in the zone shown in the EU recall (alert A 12 0864 16).

Apart from that its a dream to drive so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fair play to the dealer Barbagallo Perth WA Oz....
....they responded promptly (verbally) this afternoon saying that (1) parts (bolts and springs? they were not sure) for the rear suspension had been ordered and (2) the starter motor cabling would be repositioned.
ETA on parts was 2-3 weeks, with some coming from UK and some from stock in the eastern states (Australia).

Not bad eh?
Shame it occurred in the first place but sh*t happens.
It's the way its dealt with that matters then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The FPace was in the dealers workshop for 2 days recently; the rear suspension issue (creak/noise) was fixed.
(It would have been done earlier but I was away during September)

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
dawesbd said:
The FPace was in the dealers workshop for 2 days recently; the rear suspension issue (creak/noise) was fixed.
(It would have been done earlier but I was away during September)
Result! . . glad to hear it got sorted. Enjoy your 'pace :p

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That is good news, and thanks for sharing a good Jag news story :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.