Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all SC owners a couple of questions which it would be great if you would respond too please...

How are you finding your cars and what did you drive before that you are comparing the performance and handling with..

Thanks in anticipation.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Would love to tell you :)
Interesting point about comparing to what you came from. I'm in a 3.0d S XF and don't expect it to feel much faster yet completely different as the diesel has bags of torque but my new petrol a lot more power in a heavier car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Got a Supercharged Lotus which my F Pace feels more like than my R Line Touareg especially in dynamic mode.

The main point I think is that the Supercharged F Pace suits the dynamic mode and S mode than the 3.0 diesel and does feel like more like a sports car than any other SUV. The only Macan that would will test it is the 394 bhp Turbo.

F Pace diesel drivers will perhaps never get the Petrol Supercharged bit but those that do know , know!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Tex said:
Got a Supercharged Lotus which my F Pace feels more like than my R Line Touareg especially in dynamic mode.

The main point I think is that the Supercharged F Pace suits the dynamic mode and S mode than the 3.0 diesel and does feel like more like a sports car than any other SUV. The only Macan that would will test it is the 394 bhp Turbo.

F Pace diesel drivers will perhaps never get the Petrol Supercharged bit but those that do know , know!!!
Having owned two V8 petrol Cayenne prior to a Cayenne Diesel I think I know how each behave, no doubt about it the sound of the petrol was far sweeter and on the rare occasion I buried the throttle but despite all of this the reality was the power delivery of the diesel suits an SUV better 90% of the time. If you believe different you are only fooling yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Drive a supercharged F pace car on full charge then your opinion may be different !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Tex said:
Drive a supercharged F pace car on full charge then your opinion may be different !!!
I've owned lots of high and very high performance cars but IMO the SUV suits a torque leaden power unit best. Again my opinion but those occasions you are talking are too few to ovecome its shortcomings of lack of low end torque and fuel consumption.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Surely we buy the car that suits us best. So how can one person tell another whether they've made the right choice or not?

No need to justify your decisions!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Surely we buy the car that suits us best. So how can one person tell another whether they've made the right choice or not?

No need to justify your decisions!!
I only commented because Tex said is diesel owners wouldn't "get it" with regards to the SC version, that's his opinion and from my experience of both types in an SUV mine was different..... admittedly a Cayenne rather than F-Pace but I think it's close enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
I've owned two supercharged JLR cars. One XKR and one RRS. Both amazing. This is my first diesel car ever but I was blown away by the low down torque and how effortless it was to drive the FP very quickly!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I've owned two supercharged JLR cars. One XKR and one RRS. Both amazing. This is my first diesel car ever but I was blown away by the low down torque and how effortless it was to drive the FP very quickly!
I wouldn't say diesel is the ideal option in every type of car but in an SUV it works....... brilliantly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
No need at all for justifying but when you know you know and it's not Diesel, but everyone to their own!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
So I've had 911's, M5, X5 and two Cayenne diesels (old and new shape)

I still only have 1200 miles on my SC so not really playing hard but for me I love it, sound and handling are spot on. I've not driven the 3:0D so not going to get into the SC or D debate and think it's down to personal choice...

I only do 9000 miles a year so thought what the hell :twisted:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top