Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Are any of you guys going to pay for the Supaguard or equivalent car treatment/protection?

I was quoted £400 to Supaguard the FE but having just spoken to a local car detailing company for a quote for the same they said don't bother with it as it's a complete waste of money.

Very helpful chap said I would be better off just waxing the car myself?

Comments please........

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Personally I wouldn't take it even for free. Given the cost of the car I'd invest in a new car detail from a recommended detailer. Many main dealers will let a reputable detailer do this on their premises.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tend to disagree with others on here. I have had Supaguard on couple of Range Rovers and my F type. In my experience if you are going to look after the paint work and want to keep it free from swirls it means you need to wash with minimum contact using something like snow foam to lift the dirt and then just pressure wash to rinse on. With Supaguard applied I find this will move most everyday dirt and there is rarely the need to sponge down or rub. Just a light drying with a micro cloth is usually enough. You can also see the difference of the finish in how rain collects and runs off, it certainly seems to apply an extra protective layer to the finish. I can't vouch for how competitive Jaguars price is but for me on a high value car Supaguard or equivalent is a no brainer. Having the car detailed every once in a while is fine, but a detailer can only start with what he is given, if the paintwork is scratched or the clear coat has absorbed dirt or scratches even the best detailer will be resorting to machine polishing and a major job. Much better in my mind to give the paintwork that extra protection from the start and then keep on top of it. At the end of the day however it depends on how precious you are going to be about you car. I know my F type that is 2 years old now could hold its own with any new showroom car. :?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The detailer I spoke to said most dealers use a certain company (can't remember the name now) to apply the Supaguard. He said they get paid £10 per car and simply don't apply the product correctly. He said the Supaguard kit cost £28 complete to buy.

He didn't seem to have an agenda so looks like I have just saved £400!

Now about to look into the GAP insurance Jag want £800 for. Looks like you can get that for under £400 elsewhere.

As Jag are giving us NOTHING in incentives I don't see why we should give them anything back on the extras!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Habxxx said:
Their best offer to date was the Supaguard equivalent (a brand i'd never heard of) and gap insurance on a £69k cost price for £1000.

Not that great really!
For gap insurance, try ala.co.uk and with promo code VP10 you can get 10% off their already competive prices ☺

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, I have been fortunate enough to have a new car every 2-3 years and can say that it seems to matter both how good the product and how well its application is done , to the effectiveness of the finish. In 2009 I had a new A5 convertible in Sprint blue, sold it 3 years later without polishing it once it still was factory gleaming! My current RRE was as rough as a badgers bum in 3-4 months, and all the other cars were somewhere between them. All had protection free or paid for!!
As for GAP, we tell dealer how much we can get it for online...after checking what our current policy would cover us for.. Return to invoice for first year etc. Then Let them try to match the average price for a good company and repeat on the wheel / tyre and so on. However... Not sure what the insurance will say to a hire car for a year due to waiting list for a replacement F pace!!!
Good luck with the homework ladies and gentlemen.. Maybe start another thread for these issues to help each other sort out the best deals as we hopefully start getting our cars delivered?...... At some point......I think!!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
So, these treatments are only any good if the car is treated (cleaned and prepared) and applied properly. You can buy Supagard for £15 on ebay and will likely do a better and more personal job yourself that will have a longer lasting affect than someone who is likely paid minimal wage and treats 5 cars a day.

I've been offered free gardx. I wont be taking it as will only use a known detailer who has the car for a full day and does complete inside, outside (wheels off) and windows treatment completely cleaning the car of all dirt and paint swirls (yes even straight out the factory it will have them) in a sterile environment. £400+ yes. But I keep the car for 3 years and well worth it...just my 10 pence

PS Gtechniq or nothing for me product wise...

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's not worth a penny. Use a local recommended detailer, for a few hundred pounds they will do ten times the work and you will have much better protection. If you don't know of a good one look for an authorised detailed from the likes of Autobrite, they have to be very good to get authorised so your in safe hands.

If you don't believe all the negative comments on supaguard look at some detailing forums and ask the experts.

Gtechnic is amazing stuff as previously mentioned too.

I have gone as far as telling my dealer not to let the valet guys near the FE, I will take it to my local guy the day after I get it! Buffers are not toys and when used by untrained people they can do serious damage to your paintwork.

As for gap insurance, I usually take the dealer option so many thanks for the links to alternates, I never even thought about shopping around for that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Talked to dealer about protective coating. Costs is £499 and lifetime guarantee. I have a similar product on my current vehicle and notice the difference. Anyone else think of doing something to maintain the showroom finish. The name of the product from Jaguar was Williams.

Zane

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get a good detailer who does gen 3 ceramic glass coat . People will try to tell you all sorts of stuff, that it's the same as superguard or it doesn't work but I had it on my xf and after 3 years of never polishing it rain beaded off it like the day I had it done . My detailer takes 7 hours to do my car and still charged less than jag . My FE is booked in to be done next week , I would never buy a car and not have it
For anyone in the north west http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts