Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the States we have ugly airbag warning stickers on our sun visors. I have been able to remove them with nail polish remover on my other cars, but no such luck with the F-Pace. Do the cars in the UK come with these stickers? If not, any good place to obtain the visors in the UK (good part supplier)?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
gjschwartzman said:
In the States we have ugly airbag warning stickers on our sun visors. I have been able to remove them with nail polish remover on my other cars, but no such luck with the F-Pace. Do the cars in the UK come with these stickers? If not, any good place to obtain the visors in the UK (good part supplier)?

Thanks.
Have you tried label remover spray as this works on anything thats got an adhesive backing, only point to remember is there maybe a mark left where the label once was.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
We have the same labels in the U.K. They are not removable. Only option is to cover them up which is what I am doing with some self adhesive vinyl with a similar texture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had my visors re-covered in roof lining matching alacantara, along with the other tacky plastic bits in the cab re door steps , JL should have pushed the price up to finish to the correct level of refinement befitting Jags

·
Banned
444 Posts
Les said:
I have had my visors re-covered in roof lining matching alacantara, along with the other tacky plastic bits in the cab re door steps , JL should have pushed the price up to finish to the correct level of refinement befitting Jags
I quite agree the cheap hard plastic does the car no favours. In particular the door panels are dreadful especially the lower sections. I am considering having them redesigned.

Any chance of some pictures of your modifications?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having the sun visors covered in alcantara material is a great idea! Did you have the entire visor covered or just the non-mirrored side? How much of the door panel did you have covered, and how did it turn out? Any pictures would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stopped off at two separate auto upholstery companies today to look into covering my sun visors to hide the airbag warning labels. Both are high end shops and both turned me down. They said they would not get a satisfactory result and I would not be happy. Has anybody successfully covered their sun visors or removed the airbag warning labels and care to share pictures?

Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Do you ignore signs like: CROCODILES.......DO NOT SWIM HERE ...as well? What a bloody fuss.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Maybe cheaper to buy a decent set of sunglasses and look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, more a suitable look in my view then driving with the pieces of plastic dangling down.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
:twisted: :evil: hey!! You digging at my Tom Cruise comment earlier on?? Come on!! Bring it on!!! You punching above ya weight sonny!! I know a great Spanish lawyer!!! :shock: :cry:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Let us know how you get on ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys,
I'd like to get a sun visor without warning stickers, so I'd like to order a sun visor from a right-hand drive car. My dealer in the Czech Republic can't order this.
You can help me in of UK, under what code you have the driver's side visor. Ask your dealer.

I have Ebony Morzine headlining, MY21.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts