Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally had my rejection processed today, but not without a cost implication.

£1324.00 deducted for 'quote ' age of car, and 19 weeks usage ( 2100 ) miles.

Will be interesting to see who else rejects and what deductions are made if any and to compare.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Well finally had my rejection processed today, but not without a cost implication.

Will be interesting to see who else rejects and what deductions are made if any and to compare.
Well for best part of 5 months usage and then divided by 1324 means it cost 264.80 pounds per month, now in fairness that good, not many SUV cars you can get for that sort of money per month.

As soon as any brand new car drives off the forecourt you loose the VAT side so 20 % is knocked off straight away.

I would say you got a reasonable deal to be honest.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hopefully you are happy with the result. £69 a week doesn't sound unfair. I would be happy with that. Certainly a lot less than the depreciation of you tried to resell it. Despite the hype these are a long way from behaving like a Macan on the used market.

I've started my rejection discussion this week but I'm asking for a replacement vehicle.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Sound pretty fair to be honest. I'd be happy with that as it's reasonable all round

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So just another question - what now ?
You need another car so where you off to

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fiat 500 !!!!

Seriously no idea whatsoever, going to have a look around and buy in the new year, but it won't be a JLR that is for sure

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Wheres Russell with his one sided view, he normally says it can not be done. ;)

Hes online so no excuses there.

·
Banned
444 Posts
When did I ever state that it cannot be done? It is true to say that the path to "rejection" is fraught with difficulties and of course it depends on the circumstances.

Apparently Micky suggests that he "successfully rejected" his vehicle but admits that it cost him £1324.00. We have no details and are solely reliant on Micky's point of view.

Every dealer will adopt a different stance, not all will offer to accept "rejection" and may choose to let it go to court, potentially a very costly course of action if you loose! :cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Main reason for rejection was adaptive cruise control activated brakes twice with no other traffic around, nearly put me through the windscreen, very dangerous.
Ictp I could have waited, safety issues no way.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Main reason for rejection was adaptive cruise control activated brakes twice with no other traffic around, nearly put me through the windscreen, very dangerous.
TOTALLY AGREE.

When there's a safety issue I too would have went the same route.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Micky, Thank you for the clarification. With such a major issue, I too would be most reluctant to retain the vehicle. You my friend had a good and solid reason to "reject", under such circumstances I would question the dealer for making any financial deduction.

I do however question those that think a few ICT Pro issues and spurious claims of differences in panel gaps, is reason to "reject"! It quite simply is not and forgive the language but they are taking the piss.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mick1963 said:
Wow that is shockingly bad, I don't have adaptive CC

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mick1963 said:

Well genuinely sad to say that is now two successful rejections at least on here,albeit at a financial cost to the owners
**** and I may have looked at another JLR product but after the treatment from jaguar that's not going to happen!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No Russel it did not turn itself on, it was set and working ok then suddenly applied the brakes on 2 occasions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
£1324 deduction for 19 weeks use. !!! That's got to be a contender for bargain of the year. Excellent result.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts