Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know for many it is difficult to admit to oneself, let alone others, that you have made a terrible mistake buying a new Jaguar; male pride gets in the way! Deep down though, we all know that Jaguars are shockingly badly designed, tested and built. My £50K XE-S felt like a kit car built in someone's shed!

Jaguar Land Rover's Director's Executive Dept. have confirmed to me that there is currently no fix for the troublesome ICTP system leaving them no opportunity to "have one go" at fixing the problem before rejection (within 6 months of purchase) becomes a legal right.

Nevertheless, Jaguar Finance were initially a bit reluctant to accept my rejection so I then contacted Jaguar Land Rover's Director's Executive Dept. and also their Press Office threatening to immediately post 15+ videos of the malfunctioning ICTP system onto social media. I also threatened to email all the national and motoring press. I stressed that I would be emphasising that it is shameful of JLR to continue selling vehicles with ICTP installed in the full knowledge that it is inherently unstable and unreliable.

I am pleased to be able to reassure all those currently worried about their decision to buy a Jaguar that it IS possible to reject your vehicles! I have now successfully rejected my XE-S delivered in May '16.

As I said, I dealt with the JLR's Director's Executive Dept. who have arranged with Jaguar Finance (Black Horse) for all of my PCP deposit to be refunded, all the outstanding finance to be settled and all my monthly payments made since taking delivery of the car in May to be refunded plus 8% statutory interest. They have also made an extra ex-gratia payment of £500 to cover "hassle and inconvenience". Effectively the situation is as if the contract never existed and I will have had five month's (admittedly troublesome / frustrating) use of the car for free.

I am looking forward to taking delivery in October of a fully loaded Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe V6 BiTurbo 4Matic. Mercedes were so pleased that I was "returning to the fold" they have contributed towards the cost of my car hire in the interim period between the dealer taking the XE-S away and me taking delivery of the C43.

My Jaguar will certainly be my first and last British designed and / or built car!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Wow, well done, I agree if your not happy and have a faulty car why should this be acceptable.

Good job and sorry to hear your leaving the fold and good luck with the Mercedes's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Fair points that are made here, and I fear that if the promised software rewrite that has been muted for release very soon by JLR for the ictp systems fails again that he will not be the last to leave this forum or return their Jaguars, sadly... never to return.
Hurry up Jag... But for gods sake get it right!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Jags cat said:
Fair points that are made here, and I fear that if the promised software rewrite that has been muted for release very soon by JLR for the ictp systems fails again that he will not be the last to leave this forum or return their Jaguars, sadly... never to return.
Hurry up Jag... But for gods sake get it right!!!
He's post states no immediate fix or within six months for the ITCP system from Jaguar, which does not sound good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
That's not quite what he says. No fix within his 6 month rejection window.

That's what I am going to PM him about. Takes us to November from his May purchase. So is that an admission from JLR that the awaited October new release won't fix the issues?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
That's not quite what he says. No fix within his 6 month rejection window.

That's what I am going to PM him about. Takes us to November from his May purchase. So is that an admission from JLR that the awaited October new release won't fix the issues?
Oh ok, I thought it was from the date of his email, sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Well done Steve and sorry to hear you leave us but fully understand fella.

My rejection date remains 22 Oct unless everything is fixed. JLR are claiming mines a faulty unit, which I doubt. Before they pull my car apart I want evidence from them to support this claim as we all believe it is more software glitches.

Either way I'm not fussed either fixed or replaced. If replacement fails I will definitely be taking it to a new level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Hello all,

I've been viewing your posts regarding the problems with ICTP.

I have the same issues on my F Pace that was delivered at the end of July.
Great car dynamically but ICTP that fails to work properly.

I want to formally reject the car so could you advise who to send the formal rejection to? Is it the dealer or JLR directly.

My dealer has been ok about the problems and tells me that Jaguar are aware of the problems and will have a fix at some point.
Problem is I don't want to let this roll on indefinitely without an end to the problem.

I feel aggrieved that their Production Line QA dept must have known that it didn't work and still allowed the car to be delivered.
If ICTP doesn't fully function (yet) then don't allow it to be selected for build?
That would be preferable to using us as beta testers for their product.

I note on Topix (posted elsewhere) that JLR have set up a 'Nerve Centre' to deal with all Jaguar and presumably the new LandRovers that have problems with ICTP. (Topic SSM72845)

I might note that I have had Land Rovers since 2008, Freelander HSE and Disco4 HSE with any issues whatsoever.

Best Regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
barchetta said:
Hello all,

I've been viewing your posts regarding the problems with ICTP.

I have the same issues on my F Pace that was delivered at the end of July.
Great car dynamically but ICTP that fails to work properly.

I want to formally reject the car so could you advise who to send the formal rejection to? Is it the dealer or JLR directly.

My dealer has been ok about the problems and tells me that Jaguar are aware of the problems and will have a fix at some point.
Problem is I don't want to let this roll on indefinitely without an end to the problem.

I feel aggrieved that their Production Line QA dept must have known that it didn't work and still allowed the car to be delivered.
If ICTP doesn't fully function (yet) then don't allow it to be selected for build?
That would be preferable to using us as beta testers for their product.

I note on Topix (posted elsewhere) that JLR have set up a 'Nerve Centre' to deal with all Jaguar and presumably the new LandRovers that have problems with ICTP. (Topic SSM72845)

I might note that I have had Land Rovers since 2008, Freelander HSE and Disco4 HSE with any issues whatsoever.

Best Regards
Hello there,

That was the thrust of my argument to JLR i.e. that it is shameful that they have known there is a massive problem with ICTP's software and yet continue to promote it and sell cars with it installed.

I initially wrote a formal letter to Andrew West who is JLR's Customer Service Director. I also contacted their Head of Press Relations, Ken McConomy.

My feeling was that it was never my supplying retailer's fault other than perhaps, now knowing more about the issues, dealers should be dissuading customers from ordering ICTP (my car was ordered in Feb.'16 and delivered in May '16 so the dealer may not have been so aware of the problems at that stage).

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Hi, thanks for the contact names. I will formally contact them this week.

Yes, the problem must have been known and still they decided to deliver.

I can somewhat understand that JLR were being pressurised into delivering vehicle's that were ordered 10 months previous but If I personally had been given an option, after being told it doesn't yet function correctly, I would have cancelled the order prior to delivery or downgraded to 'In Control'.

The In Control system seems to have being delivered (for a reason) to dealers as their demonstrator's. It worked.

As expressed elsewhere on this forum, its the lack of any official acceptance of this issue that is the most annoying part.
I guess JLR don't want to accept that they knew of the problems for legal reasons.

Shame, as dynamically a very very good car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
My f-pace complete with ICTP was delivered to my dealer today and he has kindly sent a short video of it sitting all wrapped up, it looks great :D
Like so many I'm worried about ICTP issues despite the reassurances given by the dealer.
Interested that you have had a full refund, via the finance company. I'm paying cash and wonder where I stand. Say cash but it will be a debit card. Last thing I want to do is reject but......
Any thoughts anyone
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top