Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure in my first FPace when I did a map search it gave me a street view of the destination.

I've not been able to get that on my current car - am I missing a setting??

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was told at the handover it could when I put a sim, but so fa no its hasn't given me street view

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have a look at this instructional video,

He keys in big ben as the destination and a street view of it appears on the left, with map on the right side of the screen (around 2 minutes in). Is this what you mean? Try following the preceding instructions.

I would check myself but my wife has taken the F-Pace to work today!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It shows a 3G symbol on the screen top right hand side which I believe means he has a SIM card inserted into the car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
SonicPace said:
I have data turned on, and all the features but still no street view :/

Really weird!
Ditto!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
With people having other issues with the ICT system it maybe worthwhile going back to the dealer and getting them to get it to work and if not get them to resolve the issue.

You may need it looked at.

·
Registered
207 Posts
SonicPace said:

Really weird!
Make sure you have a data sim. . if it doesn't work try another... or put the cars sim in a phone and see if yyou geta data signal... or.. n tthis wouldbe a big 'or' register with the sim provider and make sure data has been activated from their end

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are we confusing aerial view here with Street view? I can get aerial view (overhead mapping taken from airplane) but I don't get any Street View (ground level street images taken from Google cars). I seem to remember seeing that when you navigate somewhere, as you get close a Street View image should appear so you know what you're looking for.

My 3G works fine!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smash said:
SonicPace said:

Really weird!
Make sure you have a data sim. . if it doesn't work try another... or put the cars sim in a phone and see if yyou geta data signal... or.. n tthis wouldbe a big 'or' register with the sim provider and make sure data has been activated from their end
Cheers Smash I definitely have the data sim (I'm the one recommending the Three SIM cards to everyone!)

It's the same card I had in my first First Edition. but my replacement car just doesn't seem to show it.

Basically when you've entered an address on your nav and the "start" green button is on the left with the map above - to the right you got a google street view that you can pan around. It was pretty slick.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yep mine does that
depending if there is a street view image to see, they didnt cover all the country yet there are lots of Street view contributors out there adding to the street view data base. My problem is when i put my post code in for my house the view i get is of house a couple of hundred yards down the road.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't get that on mine either will add it to the petrol fumes in the cabin issue when it goes in on Monday for workshop visit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Just a thought, think you have to have data roaming enabled in the sim settings to allow street view images to be displayed .
yup data roaming is enabled and it is using up mb's of the sim.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Gman said:
Shaunyt said:
Just a thought, think you have to have data roaming enabled in the sim settings to allow street view images to be displayed .
yup data roaming is enabled and it is using up mb's of the sim.....
There are some extra settings in the navigation settings.

if your navigation is on and you press the settings button gives you the option of going straight to the main navigation settings or all, if you go in to navigation im pretty sure something can be toggled on and off in there.

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T28655/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1822362

1 - 20 of 37 Posts