Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted some of this in the members gallery area but though i'd share here to the masses!

some natural light pictures of a F-Pace in storm grey from the US http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/7577-storm-grey-those-curious.html#post88697

also a some snaps of Ammonite, Rhodium and Storm Grey in the same lighting! http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-general-discussion-forum/7577-storm-grey-those-curious.html#post88929

this has helped me confirm to stick with my choice of Storm Grey and Grey Blades!

credit to @Thisistheedge who pointed me to the us forum.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
This is a big consideration of mine right now. I've got ultimate black with black and black,
The storm grey under lights looks amazing and I've seen the sample at the dealership and next to ultimate black it's still very very dark just lots more light metallic bits.

You can see in the other pics where it's outside it looks a little duller. I, I'm the UK so dull lighting conditions will be the norm :)

Saying that I do think with big black wheels it would look great as a contrast and to align the black pack.

I'm going brogue seats so trying to imagine outside in with that mixture of colours. I am really struggling for once to make a final choice. Normally find decisions very easy but this car is making a mockery of that !!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Yep 'Mbadger', take care on this decision! . . it's an expensive one
Storm Grey in bright sunshine = good . . :D . . but Storm Grey in 'normal' British weather = very disappointing! . . :(
To be honest, Ultimate Black looks far sharper to me.

I was going to go for Storm, originally, back when first configurating, until I saw it on an F-Type coming the other way out on the road one day . .
thought it just looked rather dull, neither one thing nor the other! Thought "I'd rather have black than that!" . . . but I decided Ammonite anyway, so no problem (and some silly money saved!)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was always set on ultimate black before I saw the Storm Grey. I've had a metallic black car for the last 6 years so looking for a subtle change. I find the black looks amazing when shiny and clean but after a day of London rain and grime it just looks dirty.. hoping the grey looks cleaner longer or I get the feeling I'll be getting it spruced up quite often.

·
Registered
381 Posts
jinjin said:
I was always set on ultimate black before I saw the Storm Grey. I've had a metallic black car for the last 6 years so looking for a subtle change. I find the black looks amazing when shiny and clean but after a day of London rain and grime it just looks dirty.. hoping the grey looks cleaner longer or I get the feeling I'll be getting it spruced up quite often.
I think you're correct. Seeing what I have of Storm Grey it's very close to black and in London conditions is likely appear so most of the time.

My selection of Dark Sapphire Blue is quite similar in its dark/ almost black appearance most of the time. I can live with that because the pay back is the colour pops when it's clean (like black) but would not be prepared to pay the extra £1k for it were it to be a premium paint.

Personally, if I were in the market for a subtle change down from black I would be looking at Ammonite with black pack or even Tempest if the money is there for a premium paint.

Note sure if you were asking for an opinion buy hey, you've just got one anyway! :?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PaulC said:
Note sure if you were asking for an opinion buy hey, you've just got one anyway! :?
what are forums for if not for airing your opinions!

fell for the storm grey when I went for my test drive and there was an F-Type in that shade! my 6 year old was gutted as he wanted a yellow one :shock:

I don't think I've seen a colour of F-Pace that doesn't look good!

·
Registered
492 Posts
My original choice was black, black kit, black wheels but changed after thinking about keeping clean. My daughter has a Q3 white and it seems to stay cleaner longer

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
big jon said:
My original choice was black, black kit, black wheels but changed after thinking about keeping clean. My daughter has a Q3 white and it seems to stay cleaner longer
As odd as it seems, White is a complete doddle to keep clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.