Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very glum!
Yesterday on way home a stone kicked up and clattered the top of the windscreen directly over my head. Within a few minutes the crack started, and has progressed further overnight.
Booked in for replacement next Thursday.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm feeling your plan :(
It's so annoying when this happens. Same thing happened to me after only 10 days of getting my RRE.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
It's a pain yes but very easy replacement and the cost of a tank of fuel in excess. Considering how much one of these windscreens cost I think it's remarkable they don't impact our insurance more.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Can i ask why its taking a week to replace?
My insurance company is Aviva, when you phone there is an option for glass replacement that takes you directly to National Windscreens to log the call.
They phoned me back from the depot on Friday morning - screen is a Jaguar only part and will take 1-2 business days so should get to them Monday, possibly Tuesday, so booked for Thursday to be on the safe side. I have another car to use so will minimise use of this as the crack is getting bigger overnight with the cold.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pos.k said:
Very glum!
Yesterday on way home a stone kicked up and clattered the top of the windscreen directly over my head. Within a few minutes the crack started, and has progressed further overnight.
Booked in for replacement next Thursday.
Happened to me A55 second day of ownership, i got auto glass to do it. £50 excess payment same glass jaguar logo.

Just a note needed windscreen wipers re calibrating as they started working a little erratically, not an ICTP issue but quite normal the Auto glass technician said.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Pos.k said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Can i ask why its taking a week to replace?
My insurance company is Aviva, when you phone there is an option for glass replacement that takes you directly to National Windscreens to log the call.
They phoned me back from the depot on Friday morning - screen is a Jaguar only part and will take 1-2 business days so should get to them Monday, possibly Tuesday, so booked for Thursday to be on the safe side. I have another car to use so will minimise use of this as the crack is getting bigger overnight with the cold.
Not good if it needs replacing there and then, that's what I would expect when I pay for the insurance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TBH I don't drive it much as I really don't like all the crap that doesn't work.
Just been out in it now to give my nephew a spin who has come up for the weekend, reversed out of the drive, and going down the road with the rear camera on and the traffic alert from when a car went past as we were reversing still beeping for about 200yds.
Totally crap

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Pos.k said:
TBH I don't drive it much as I really don't like all the crap that doesn't work.
Just been out in it now to give my nephew a spin who has come up for the weekend, reversed out of the drive, and going down the road with the rear camera on and the traffic alert from when a car went past as we were reversing still beeping for about 200yds.
Totally crap
Maybe the new released ITCP update will resolve this, thats if you have the ITCP system of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a similar issue within my first week of owning the car, except bizarrely it happened not once but twice within a ten mile stretch of motorway in the space of a few minutes.

The first time I was naturally, ahem, a little annoyed as whatever kicked up had smashed the windscreen. When the second piece hit it was starting to get a little frightening - I had my wife and kids in the car and having only had such an issue once before in 15 years of driving it had happened twice in a matter of minutes.

Was something falling out of the sky? Was the car falling apart?

Bizarre, guess it's just one of those things. Unfortunately on top of the windscreen it's taken a couple of chunks out of the bodywork too.

Still, first world problem eh...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.