Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F-Pace was in for its fourth service just before Christmas and I've had a stink of petrol in the cabin ever since. There doesn't seem to be any leaking externally - the garage floor is dry - but the smell hasn't really diminished at all. Any ideas or obvious things I could/should check before going back to the Jag cowboys in Southampton?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fourth service involves a fuel filter change, that would seem to be the first point to check as there are a number of high pressure fuel lines that go into the filter. Not sure where it is located on yours but my diesel is rear of the engine, nearside next to the firewall. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Any fuel leak is a worry and I would check all fuel lines running to the engine, you may not see any sort of leak unless you start the car.

I would try to park somewhere that's dry, Yes hard this time of the year.

Start the car and then look around and see if you can see any leaks and look at the dry floor and see if any leaks appear you can not get to see.

Not sure if you have seen this previous post either,

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, saw that one and a few others on the US forum. Hadn't thought to check for leaks while the engine is running and fuel is under pressure. Will give that a go, but think it's going to have to go back to the dealer. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Yep, saw that one and a few others on the US forum. Hadn't thought to check for leaks while the engine is running and fuel is under pressure. Will give that a go, but think it's going to have to go back to the dealer. :(
Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know where the fuel filter is located on the 4-cylinder petrol engine? Can't find anything online! :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
it may come out as a vapour if the leak is small enough and line under pressure - dim light and use a torch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it was the fuel rail that had failed. Jag dealer has persuaded a reluctant warranty company to part with the cash, after some initial resistance as the diagnosis was a bit speculative, so I guess that's a result!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts