Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still no actual confirmed date....unless someone else knows different....cause my dealer doesn't :roll:

Rumours :shock:
Other dealer comments /maybes :eek:
But nothing in writing :x
:? :eek: :shock: :x :oops:

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly no official word :shock:
I think my dealer wouldn't care if I didn't turn up ...when they drop the phone call out of the blue ...cause they can sell it over and over ;)
10days poss left and they still can't tell us :eek:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I suspect they are being a little ambiguous to allow for the FE's to all arrive at the dealers, undertake the PDI's, do the firmware updates, program Incontrol etc so perhaps a little difficult to predict an exact date if they want all FE's released on the same day?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
DAL said:
I suspect they are being a little ambiguous to allow for the FE's to all arrive at the dealers, undertake the PDI's, do the firmware updates, program Incontrol etc so perhaps a little difficult to predict an exact date if they want all FE's released on the same day?
I think the main criticism Dal is the lack of real information - surely Jag could tell all the dealers the same thing with one direct communication.

Look above we have
No date
16-19th April (I'd accept by end of April by the way think that's acceptable )
May onwards

Some variation there and about 5 different dealers all giving their own version out !!
Seems a bit crazy

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fair point.. But it don't help the customer plan ahead
Give us a date eg may 30th as a worst case scenario
And the keep us informed as they progress eg regular updates
A customer could then plan time off , finance , part exchange , sale of current vehicle etc
If there's a set back reset the date
It's not rocket
If they said you could have it tomorrow that would be amazing for me ...but for others it could be a nightmare

In my business the customer is king obviously this isn't the case with jaguar

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's a good point Wayne - I'm so concerned about getting a date and delivery but part ex..
When my dealer wants his 60k I still need to sell my XF to help make that up !!
2 weeks notice would be ok I reckon

·
Registered
410 Posts
I fully agree, just trying to make sense of the lack of commitment date wise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, if Ryan is right, and its May, perhaps they feel there is still plenty of time to let FE customers know!

My dealer is still saying should have the car by end of this month. I agree its not the actual date that is the problem but the lack of any clear communication. All the rumours are creating the frustration, I am sure most of us would have been happy with a realistically accurate date from Jaguar even if it is a few weeks away. It would then have been a bonus if it moved forward.

With all these 'may be dates' from dealers expectations of early delivery have been raised and now Jaguar have more than a few agitated customers. It's a problem of their own making that could easily have been avoided.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Release cannot be far off now. I was summoned to my dealer on Saturday to agree a px value on my XJL. We then went through wheel and tyre cover etc.

He still reckons my FE will be at dealership this week. And even being pessimistic he reckons I will be in it before months end.

What is disconcerting is that he had no idea if the Activity Bracelet comes with the car as mentioned on another thread.

I too was under the impression it was standard on the FE and wont be pleased if it isn't and I wasn't given the opportunity to order one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
merlinmax said:
Release cannot be far off now. I was summoned to my dealer on Saturday to agree a px value on my XJL. We then went through wheel and tyre cover etc.

He still reckons my FE will be at dealership this week. And even being pessimistic he reckons I will be in it before months end.

What is disconcerting is that he had no idea if the Activity Bracelet comes with the car as mentioned on another thread.

I too was under the impression it was standard on the FE and wont be pleased if it isn't and I wasn't given the opportunity to order one.
Out of interest how much was the tyre and wheel cover and does it cover the 22's?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Dal,

I'm not too sure until I get home and check as I also included some scratch and chip cover so got a bit of discount.

He knows I am getting 22" wheels so I do hope he has done his homework and they are covered. From memory I think it was a couple of hundred pounds to cover 6 wheels and tyres. I will confirm when I read the paperwork later.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are after GAP insurance, wheel cover etc then its worth having a look at https://www.ala.co.uk/ or http://www.gapinsurance.co.uk/default.asp?Ref=EOC
I haven't had to make a claim so can't vouch for their willingness to pay out but they are both much cheaper than going through the dealer, and have good reviews.
I'm currently with ALA for my Evoque and found them helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
called the dealer to check on progress of my First Edition order, despite being told straight off May/ June when he went to the system and checked he came back with ''its due to complete its build this week and so should be delivered before the end of the month,''

Has anyone else had news of their build or delivery dates ?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts