Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've tried searching " steering, steering problems, steering pulling" but can't find anything relavent.
Over the last couple of days I've notice something strange with the steeling, I can feel it in my hand, it feels like the wheels want to go their own way and not where I want it to. It doesn't last that long, almost the feeling of a flat tyre or the chamber of the road taking hold, but it's not.
Anybody else experienced this, should I be worried and get it checked?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Which model of F Pace and tyre size will be good to know

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have lane assist on but this was at fairly low speed and not activated and one of the times just after pulling away.
I have a 2ltr R Sport with 20" Venoms

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RaVolVoR I do not have the problem that is in that thread, I watched the video and that is horendous.
It is however like tramlining that JLRnumber5 is suggesting however my tyres are in pretty good shape, I have only done around 9K miles and wouldn't it do it all the time?
I have a few little niggles after having the Ver 3 update so I am of a mind to get the dealer to check it out along with these niggles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Its tram-lining when the tyre wants to follow lines in the road surface such as road repairs. My F Pace has Conti SUV 265/45 R 21's and "suffers" from it. There is a fine line between good steering feel and things like tram- lining. If you are used to vehicles with dead steering then you may see it as a problem. However if you drive something like a Porsche 911 its just part of steering "feel" Im happy with the precision and feel of the F pace steering, but tram- lining is there. My previous Velar did not have it , but there again the steering has dead and somewhat vague. Its personal taste really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have experienced something similar on 3 occasions recently, where the steering wheel has suddenly jerked to the right. It wasn’t enough to cause a serious problem but certainly disconcerting. It only happened once on each journey. At first I thought it was tramlining but was unable to reproduce it where road was affected by ruts. Also thought it might be something to do with Lane Assist but it was definitely not selected.
Speed in all instances was between 40 and 50 mph.
Car only 4 1/2 months old from new and booked in at dealers in 3 weeks to check it out. They said they had not heard of the problem before but will get everything including software.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts