Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 3 occasions recently I have experienced a steering issue where the steering wheel has suddenly jerked to the right whilst driving straight ahead. It wasn’t enough to cause a serious problem but it was certainly disconcerting. It has only happened once on each of the journeys which were all during dry weather with temperatures around 14 or 15 degrees C. At first I thought it was a strong crosswind or tram-lining but I had not noticed strong winds previously and I was unable to reproduce the effect where the road was affected by ruts. I also thought it might be something to do with Lane Assist but it was definitely not selected.
Speed in all instances was between 40 and 50 mph.
My car is only just over four months old from new and I have booked it in to the dealers in 3 weeks to check it out. They said they had not heard of the problem before but will check everything including software.
Has anyone else experienced this? The technician from the dealer said he had not heard of this before.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Does the FPace have Emergency Lane Assist which activates if the car thinks it’s too close to a hedge or other obstacle. Only operates above 40mph and can be disconcerting if you dont know, you may see a red edge to the dash display.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the suggestion Deltasierra. Checked the Collision Avoidance section in Settings and the Emergency Lane Keeping option was there and was selected. This is evidently separate from Lane Keep Assist and I am now more aware of the technology in the car. Surprised the dealer only asked about lane keep assist on the steering wheel but will probably want system checked for sensitivity. Not a wasted visit to the dealer as they are also going to replace the central overhead console due to not being able to switch off the central light after turning it on.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts