Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot see a "spotted" forum on here, but was so excited seeing an IRR S, non black packed, I think silver wheeled car on the road, took a rushed photo in the queue.

Looked beautiful TAS if you are on here!
View attachment 93

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this image. It's exactly my exterior spec. IRR, privacy glass, non-black pack and 22" turbine diamond cut rims. Fab!

If I had any doubt about my choices then this has banished any anxiety completely. For that I owe you one my friend!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arianne, it did look fabulous...the only thing was my immediate thought, on seeing it sideways as I pulled out of the petrol station....it needs a black pack with the IRR, too much chrome...

That said, hell, it did look awesome, and they have such road presence!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Nice car.. Had close look, and they are 20" diamond cut venoms judging by the 5 double spoke pattern! :geek: .. How sad am I? Still we all have to be good at something...:: :? And when I find that something... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has he lost his offside rear light ? or am I seeing things...

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Jags cat said:
Had close look, and they are 20" diamond cut venoms judging by the 5 double spoke pattern!
Yes, my thoughts too Mr Jags Cat, exactly right, they are Venoms . . for me, the give-away was actually the contour profile of the wheels, the way the spokes curve slightly, as viewed from the side . . but you can even just see the slight cut-away on the spokes if you look very very carefully . . . so I guess that makes me a sad case too!! :lol: . . . see, you never knew you even had that subtle skill until just now....

So strange, isn't it?, how seeing these cats out in the wild is definitely uplifting . . I definitely feel that same sense of excitement that 'F-Pace S' mentioned, even when I see these pics of FPs out there, never mind actually seeing the cars on the road for real, and I've been driving my own car already for several weeks now!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
Thank you so much for posting this image. It's exactly my exterior spec. IRR, privacy glass, non-black pack and 22" turbine diamond cut rims. Fab!

If I had any doubt about my choices then this has banished any anxiety completely. For that I owe you one my friend!

Arianne
Hey Mr A

I know you are not black packing which I respect totally, but are you also chrome window surrounding? And how about roof railing?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Failed rear light..... :roll: stick it on the list... :eek: At least it's a new one :? :lol: :lol: thinking of changing to that rear style plate too,when I get the spacing adjusted on mine in the next few weeks!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Arianne said:

Arianne
So you like the chrome window surrounds too???!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
Hey Mr A

I know you are not black packing which I respect totally, but are you also chrome window surrounding? And how about roof railing?
Difficult to tell if they are black or chrome..... but ditto!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe it was chrome window surrounds and roof rails, a lot too much chrome, oh and small wheels ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
Hey Mr A

Hello Mum :roll:

So as you said in an earlier post, you thought it was showing too much chrome without the black pack. I can see that based on the fact that it has been specified with the optional chrome window surrounds. I prefer the gloss black that is standard on the S and the same for the roof rails. Otherwise, for my taste, it is just too much shiny stuff.

I actually love the rear skid plate in satin on IRR (and for that matter DSB as with Paul's / PECs car). And I like the front too. But, I would probably drop the chrome on the lower door and the faux vent in the front wings. The trouble is that you cannot pick and choose as the configurator isn't that granular. But I could have the dealer fit option of the black faux vents if I don't like the chrome ones when I get the car as they're not too expensive (I don't mean the crazy carbon ones).

Each to their own!

BTW. I clearly can't spot the right wheels! Apologies. In my defence, I was in the train when I first viewed this image. Still looks fabulous though. Showed Mrs A when I got home and she shrugged her shoulders and said it looks nice enough!

Best wishes.

Arianne

PS. we've done a good job on those cup holders folks. The US have come on stream. So Mike, in his Jaguar XE, is now an exporter for Britain. We have struck our very own trade deal with the world's biggest market! If we scale that up a billion times then we will be all right!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
Hey Mr A

I am both... Plus mirror covers & chrome fillings....

Don't mind the satin silver back, but not convinced by the black... Might look at colour coding that bit at some point.

It's a great colour and other than the caesium, the only really sparkly one on the options.

Love the ultimate black ones with black pack etc... Really mean looking, but not convinced it works with other colours other than white/light ones.

It must depend on what era of cars impressed you at the time... I was never a fan of the 80's gun metal & black...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Pacer said:
Has he lost his offside rear light ? or am I seeing things...
Think its just the angle of the image.
I will stand corrected but it's likely to be the LED was off when the picture was taken. I believe LED flash extremely fast, hence why on some videos you see the daytime lights almost scrolling slowly. So when the pic was taken that light may have been off. I have taken pics before and one led lamp was one whilst other was off..... Yet in the flesh to naked eye they were both on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jags cat said:
Failed rear light..... :roll: stick it on the list... :eek: At least it's a new one :? :lol: :lol: thinking of changing to that rear style plate too,when I get the spacing adjusted on mine in the next few weeks!!
JLRnumber5 said:
Really liking the size and shape of that number plate .. might change mine.
No No No!!! Don't do the change the number plate shape thing!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why is it nearly always when you see an odd shaped plate/different lettering font/US style number plate size, it has a cherished number on it? When you are next driving notice how you are always 'clocking' the number plates of other cars totally unintentionally, cherished or not.

IMHO odd shaped plates look like you are trying too hard to show off your cherished number and look old fashioned... this particular shape reminds me of some I have seen on old S-Type bangers.

Your cherished number stands out without highlighting even further :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts