Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will this just be for the pro or for the standard system as well?

·
Registered
363 Posts
AshleyR said:
Spotify is included within the 'Just Drive' App. Problem is that the 'Just Drive' App is only currently compatible with ICT and not ICTP, surprise, surprise!
It's on InControl Apps - so all users will get it, standard and Pro - just via the InControl connectivity so plug your phone in (or hopefully the iPod Touch as well)....

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/connectivity/incontrol-apps.html

·
Registered
245 Posts
jonty1625 said:
AshleyR said:
Spotify is included within the 'Just Drive' App. Problem is that the 'Just Drive' App is only currently compatible with ICT and not ICTP, surprise, surprise!
It's on InControl Apps - so all users will get it, standard and Pro - just via the InControl connectivity so plug your phone in (or hopefully the iPod Touch as well)....

Problem here is that the stand alone IC Spotify App is not yet available, whereas the very clever (voice activated Spotify connectivity) IC 'Just Drive' App is!

·
Registered
458 Posts
AshleyR said:
jonty1625 said:
AshleyR said:

Problem here is that the stand alone Spotify App is not yet available, whereas the very clever (voice activated Spotify connectivity) 'Just Drive' App is!
Is that the 'just drive' app that (A) is not compatible with ICTP, and (B) requires yet another log in?
Who thinks of all this - they just add bits on ad hoc...it's like playing buckaroo!!

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea looks great....Spotify is on everything I own ...from sonos to pioneer a/v receiver ,iPad etc etc ...and now the car :D just hope it works as well as all the rest (fingers crossed) :?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Waynem said:
Yea looks great....Spotify is on everything I own ...from sonos to pioneer a/v receiver ,iPad etc etc ...and now the car :D just hope it works as well as all the rest (fingers crossed) :?
Yeah .. what could possibly go wrong!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
jonty1625 said:
Launches tomorrow as part of InControl - details are in the press release :

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2016/09/spotify-jaguar-land-rover-put-test-kaiser-chiefs-ricky-wilson-and-rapper-example-ahead
Image showing it in InControl

and

http://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us/news/2016/09/jaguar-land-rover-introduces-spotify-incontrol-apps
Says full functionality looking ike the native app
Looks like we're (at last) at the end of our long wait for a meaningful ICTP app. Bring it on! :D :D :D

Caesium Blue 1st Edition, April 2016

·
Registered
458 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Waynem said:
Yeah .. what could possibly go wrong!!
This will likely load, screw up your spotify account set-up, blank screen and then pollute your Sonos next time you connect your phone to it as well!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Waynem said:
Think positive :roll: ...no probs yet :eek:
In which case don't mess with the Status Quo!

Having said that currently I've had no issues with streaming Spotify from my iphone to ICTP .. whereas CD is so problematic it's almost impossible to use, and USB stick is a bit flaky too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Waynem said:
Think positive :roll: ...no probs yet :eek:
Waynem, you like me are one of the pioneer owners of this innovative vehicle. Some would call us 'Guinea Pigs'.
Are you able to use the HDMI connectivity and/or can you actually watch a film clip using YouTube on the ICTP browser. Oh, and while I'm on the subject; have you had any luck connecting to a WiFi network? :roll:

·
Registered
458 Posts
OK, Just checked the InControl App and Spotify has appeared in the top panel as an installed App.
I didn't install it but it was already on my phone.
Seems to show my library and recent stuff as usual.

Haven't connected to the car yet, but so far so good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Works well. Possible downsides if using an iPod Touch like I do (just stays in the car 24/7) flaky connection on the FP mobile SIM connection and people going with low volume data SIM'a might chew up their allowance pretty quick!

Using phone plugged in seems sensible but constantly plugging and unplugging for me is annoying plus my OCD doesn't like cables sticking out everywhere!

But wahoo! A decent InControl app!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts