Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had "the call" this week - and I finally get a handover of the keys on Wed 13th July. :D

I had ordered the splash guards for dealer fitting - but the sales guy I've been dealing with (excellent service) advised that I should take a look at the installation on an XF that they have. He has experienced customers that have not been satisfied with the splash guards as there are "gaps' - the guards are apparently not snug to the body work.

I've yet to make a visit to the dealership and take a look - but has anyone out there had experience of the Jaguar splash guards (ideally on the FPace). I seem to remember a post a month or so ago of a newly acquired FPace with splash guards fitted.... Can't find it now, but also don't think the pictures were close-ups.

Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wouldn't not on a FPACE the car looks muted with them, iit'sa sports SUV not a 4x4, the styling of the vehicle isn't becoming of mud flap as it takesaway the sportiness of the vehicle.

I nearly went down that route till I saw one with, and glad I didn't.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A bit old man... that's probably why I'm considering them :D , esp on IRR I've noticed the slightest splash rides up the front doors from the wheels... Waiting for a price inc fitting before I decide :?:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I think the description says it all....MUD FLAPS! How many cars on motor show stands have 'MUD FLAPS', how many dealers how show cars with 'MUD FLAPS'. Worse of all did Sir Ian Callum include bloody 'MUD FLAPS' in his design???? NO HE BLOODY DIDN'T!!! THEY ARE WORK OF THE DEVIL!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Catwoman and bluediamod013 - thank you for the photo's, they've helped a lot.

I've decided that the splash guards are not for me.

I have them on my current vehicle and they look great, but I do think that the Jaguar splash guards don't quite look right - IMHO.... And I certainly was not able to get them as a freebie.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
The weird thing is, once you get used to seeing the car with them, cars that don't have 'em look kinda like they have something missing. :?

Anyway, they do definitely keep some of the gunk from spraying too far up the front doors, just some, by no means all. ;) I've had cars without them and always ended up having them put on . . but that's 'cos I'm out in the sticks and muddy verges and puddles diguising cavernous tyre-killing potholes are just a way of life out here, one learns from experience! :lol: . . as always, it's each to their own :)

(..by the way, they were not my photos, they were courtesy of Jags Cat's thread)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I put them on mine simply because it's white and will hopefully keep down the amount of grim up her flanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I found on the Disco that side steps did best job as the stopped spray sucking up the side of the car. Maybe that's s better option??

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
catwoman said:
Yeah, brilliant :idea: . . thanks . . seems so obvious now you mention it :!: :lol: ;)
:lol: Mud flaps protect the immediate wing and cill under the front doors but spray and road dirt gets sucked up the sides. So the steps whilst adding an edgy tidy look also protect the car. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
catwoman said:
Yeah, brilliant :idea: . . thanks . . seems so obvious now you mention it :!: :lol: ;)
:lol: Mud flaps protect the immediate wing and cill under the front doors but spray and road dirt gets sucked up the sides. So the steps whilst adding an edgy tidy look also protect the car. :roll: :lol:
Edgy tidy hmmmm not really on an f-pace it's not high enough of the ground and from a disco 3 onwards as with RR you can lower them on the air suspension if needed as per other threads they just serve to get cr*p on the back of your jeans, can't really see the point....

But each to there own, I think this is why in the end I just couldn't do the black wheels too drug dealer for the backward ways of rural Shropshire....

I bought a secondhand P38a RR black, with tinted windows and three spoke alloys, I swear every time I drove to Manchester there was a queue at the lights expecting me to be dealing :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I bought a secondhand P38a RR black, with tinted windows and three spoke alloys, I swear every time I drove to Manchester there was a queue at the lights expecting me to be dealing :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

3 spoke alloys on a blacked out Rangey!!!! Really ????? :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I realise you do not need the steps on an FP for access but as far as 'MUD FLAPS' go it's a next best solution!! :lol: :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I bought a secondhand P38a RR black, with tinted windows and three spoke alloys, I swear every time I drove to Manchester there was a queue at the lights expecting me to be dealing :D :D :D :D :D
3 spoke alloys on a blacked out Rangey!!!! Really ????? :lol:[/quote]

I had been looking for one for ages apart from the three spokes it was great, the cream leather was sumptuous, more than can be said for the BMW 2.5 (tedious) TDS engine, you needed to write the car infront asking if they would let you overtake..... Loved though even if it was gutless :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Think it's a case of if you need them ?.. Fit them!! I used to be a urbanite that could clean my car in about 30 mins... In jeans and trainers. Now we live in the sticks, I need 1 hour 30mins, a pressure washer, and 100g of c4 for each wheel arch once the mud has dried in there! Not forgetting the wellies and the waterproofs also. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts