Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Close up of front ones
I think they look ok but as you will find its personal opinion as others say they hate them ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Golf2016 said:
Has anyone had these fitted?-just wondered if they spoilt the look of the FP
It's "horses for courses", if splash guards (or plain old fashioned "mud flaps!") are useful to you, then go for them, you definitely won't regret it!

I've had 'flaps on my various 4x4s for as long as I care to remember, but that's because of where I live; if I don't have them I pay the price in terms of cow clap and general crappy stuff all over the sides and sills of the car. I spec'd them, without hesitation, for the F-Pace and I think they suit it very well. They certainly work a lot more effectively than quite a few I've had on previous cars, they actually do deflect the mud!

And I think they look perfectly fine. In fact, I'm so used to seeing them now, when I see a pic of a 'pace without them, I think it looks like something's kind of missing ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
+ 1 with cat woman here here is a pic of them from different angle on the non scratched side of the car ... See shiny paint protection post today .aarrrgghh!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Right and wrong opinion!! :lol: :lol: Ian would be turning in his grave!!! Don't remember seeing those on his designs

·
Registered
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Right and wrong opinion!! :lol: :lol: Ian would be turning in his grave!!! Don't remember seeing those on his designs
Don't remember seeing a pile of cow crap up the side of the car in his design neither... the mud guards are the lesser of the two evils.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I might get them retro fitted on mine as cowsh is a problem for me also on the lanes I drive... and I think they would be ok with storm grey and black pack....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wait until you start picking up stone chips on the sills and ask the coachworks what it will cost to repair I have found out the hard way, The shape of the front wings with 22 inch wheels it is inevitable damage will and has occurred .The flaps are grossly over priced but have bitten the bullet and are being fitted this week by the dealer both front and rear. Do not intend to have regular visits to coachworks for remedial paint defects to some they may look not very attractive but I don't see them when I am driving on our appalling road surfaces

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I think Mr Callum is still alive!
Not if he sees bloody 'MUD FLAPS' on his beautiful design he won't be!!!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have them on mine and i think they add rather than detract from the look, they give it a little more beefy look in my opinion. They arnt huge but do whats needed i drove down one of those newly gravel laid roads where the chips kick up so glad i had them fitted by the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Shaunyt your choice to fit mudflaps is the practical one if your car sills are the same as the body colour it will horrify anyone who don't fit them
when they find out just how eyewatering the price of paint costs plus the charge to rectify the stone chips. Why then does Jaguar supply them as a
retrofit as I found out to my cost by not having them fitted to my 3 litre S Rhodium. What Mr Ian Callum thinks about fitting mudflaps to his brilliant
design matters nothing when the coachworks hand you the invoice for remedial work ( he does not pick up the bill) especially on metallics

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I think Mr Callum is still alive!
Not if he sees bloody 'MUD FLAPS' on his beautiful design he won't be!!!!!
But he started this anyway.... all F-Paces have budding mudflaps at the rear! :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts