Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Many of you have been really helpful in helping me create the perfect car. Boy I had no idea I would spend quite so many hours on the configurator, or in the dealer showroom, or looking at pictures on the www, or standing in random car-parks looking at XE and XF models trying to imagine that colour draped over an F-Pace. It's true to say I've become totally obsessive about it!

So I've settled on a spec, and whilst my car is still specamendable (must add that word to the dictionary) I thought if I wrote it down here then maybe, just maybe, that would be it!

So here goes ..

3.0d S in Glacier White, with black pack
22" Black Helix
Jet/Red Taurus
Privacy Glass
Sliding Pano roof with gloss black rails
14 way seats with mem pack & elec steering column
InControl Touch Pro with Meridian 825W upgrade
AdSR
Gesture Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitor
+ of course cup holders and rear seat release levers!

Bang goes the budget (I blame you all!)

JLR#5

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds like a cousin for my spec :)

You will be very happy

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ha don't worry about steps - no interest :)

Interested in the sliding pano roof. My thoughts are its chunkier and maybe less visibility ? Anyone seen one ?

Since my dealer lied / failed to give me the date it always was since first order seems I've now got a window to change my spec and mine is similar to yours.
The 825W and sliding pano are differences (as well as colour and. A petrol engine )

Must admit in the demo I,was utterly underwhelmed with the 380w stereo. Only tried a DAB station but it was pretty weak and not best sound. Is the 825 worth the upgrade I wonder.

What's your thoughts and others on the sliding roof or anything else.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mbadger77

The sliding pano has a relatively narrow joining bar so it doesn't affect light coming in but it's noticeable if you are sitting in the rear of the car. I would caution that the roof doesn't open that far and it starts directly over the top of your head so it's far from the full open sunroof experience. I only went for it because I have a fixed pano in the Evoque and fancied a change. I could easily do without it.

The Trifield 825W Meridian setup however was a must have option. I have it on the Evoque and it's brilliant.

Which 380W setup did you hear? Don't forget the standard one doesn't have DSP but if you go for the InControl Pro you then get an upgraded 380W set up and its noticeably better. However the full surround on the 825W is very effective.

The other thing I would advise you to consider is the blind spot monitor. Again like the Evoque the rear and side visibility is limited and this device has saved me a couple of times in the past 4 years.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PS. Interesting you've had troubles with Guy Salmon Thames Ditton. They are my nearest dealer but I couldn't get them to return my call so I bought further afield.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mbadger77 said:

Interested in the sliding pano roof. My thoughts are its chunkier and maybe less visibility ? Anyone seen one ?

Since my dealer lied / failed to give me the date it always was since first order seems I've now got a window to change my spec and mine is similar to yours.
The 825W and sliding pano are differences (as well as colour and. A petrol engine )

Must admit in the demo I,was utterly underwhelmed with the 380w stereo. Only tried a DAB station but it was pretty weak and not best sound. Is the 825 worth the upgrade I wonder.

Agree about the side steps. I had them on a RRS which was MUCH more of a climb in, and didn't even use them then. They're also an unbelievably expensive option.

I've seen the sliding pano, but only from outside the car. It doesn't look any chunkier than the standard pano. The gubbins in front i.e sunglasses holder and switches looks identical from what I could see. Further, the central, internal roof bar which effectively cuts the pano in half was much narrower than I expected, say, 3 inch wide?

Personally I can't see the point in the pano if you can't open it especially as in the F Pace the pano doesn't start until just behind your head.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to be off topic, but I don't seem to be able to post a "new post".

Just noticed, anyone buying a prestige or portfolio can now get the R sport steering wheel for £480 which is 400 quid less than it was when I configured mine. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mbadger77 said:

I too was disappointed with both stereo systems. I tried the 380w in a XE and then jumped in an XJ for the 825w, not much difference in my opinion. Maybe they weren't set up right but I did play about with settings. I would have upgraded to the 825w in a heartbeat if it was greatly superior. I have seen a few other comments on this site and the US one making similar comments about both systems. Regarding an opening roof, it's a must for me, I use It more than air con and think cars look great with the roof open.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have to admit I found the 825w in my old Evoque to be punchier than in the F Pace. It should be the same set up in theory, but it just seems to be lacking in comparison. The subwoofer doesn't seem as powerful...

·
Registered
453 Posts
SonicPace said:
I have to admit I found the 825w in my old Evoque to be punchier than in the F Pace. It should be the same set up in theory, but it just seems to be lacking in comparison. The subwoofer doesn't seem as powerful...
I will let you know when I get mine this weekend
My Freelander HSE LUX has the top of range meridian in it the sub in the boot has a hell of a kick which guessing the Evouqe has as the same set up

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
PS. Interesting you've had troubles with Guy Salmon Thames Ditton. They are my nearest dealer but I couldn't get them to return my call so I bought further afield.
My nearest dealer as well but not sure I'll go back. Which dealer did you use instead or look at who,seemed on the ball.

I'm a bit annoyed as they were slow to load up the initial orders and I made the first slots as ordered last year and I've seen the vista order form. Just annoying to be told one thing then see Comms from the back office contradicting.
It's now almost I'll have to see things written down to believe anything.
Once I get my hands on it sure I'll be fine but I specifically went back as got my first Jag from there and had no issues.

The 380w was the upgraded pro in the 3.0d - only,played with it for 30 seconds so hard to get really good comparison but on the DAB channel we had on it just sounded a bit...... Well nothing special and no great depth of sound or volume really.

Maybe a real user of the 380w can correct me. I've got the Bowers in the XF I have and that's ok but I do struggle Some times with the 3 ch and stereo options as what is better and often tinker with it from time to time.

I think the pano roof. Yes why have one if it doesn't open but of its set back and doesn't open much then maybe not,worth it

The 825w is quite a big jump price wise and the roof isn't - I think I'd use the 825 more though :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ruski said:
I too was disappointed with both stereo systems. I tried the 380w in a XE and then jumped in an XJ for the 825w, not much difference in my opinion. Maybe they weren't set up right but I did play about with settings. I would have upgraded to the 825w in a heartbeat if it was greatly superior. I have seen a few other comments on this site and the US one making similar comments about both systems. Regarding an opening roof, it's a must for me, I use It more than air con and think cars look great with the roof open.
Interesting about the two stereos and to hear another view. Bit like my XF I've got the upgraded one and it's ok but not brilliant - it's the bowers one.
The roof yes I like the idea but if it doesn't open much - I do love my air con :)
anyone got pictures of the sliding roof open ??
I'll go have a look see what I can find.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Oh good point about the blind spot monitor - I did somehow think that was standard (well didn't really think about it to be honest - just expected.)
I best check that.
looks like my price is going up and spec changing,

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go for the 825w upgrade and forget the opening roof (by the way the picture on the configurator is an accurate representation of how far it opens)

DAB a very compressed format so not good as a test medium. The big difference between the 380w and 825w is the surround processor. The Trifield setting is highly effective.

I bought from Harwoods Croydon.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Go for the 825w upgrade and forget the opening roof (by the way the picture on the configurator is an accurate representation of how far it opens)

DAB a very compressed format so not good as a test medium. The big difference between the 380w and 825w is the surround processor. The Trifield setting is highly effective.

I bought from Harwoods Croydon.
Thanks good to know about Croydon and that's there is a different processor in the music setups - is that between the 380w pro digital and the 825 pro digital. I've already gone with the 380 digital so,it's another £850
The blind spot monitor another £500 and I think I'll have that as it's saved me once though most the time isn't that great but once is enough !
DAB was all I had really - most my music will be from iPhone which is generally 256 or 320k or the DAB radio.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes the 825w is the only version with the Trifield processor. Take a look at Meridian's website.

As for the Blind Spot Monitor it also has sensors that detects cars crossing the rear path of the car when in reverse. Very effective in car parks. Depends how urban you are. For me it's very useful.

In fact the only thing I'm not carrying over from the Evoque is the self park. Used that very infrequently even though it works very well.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thanks JLR - I've just spent more money !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.