Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all - help please - if money is tight where should i really spend it on my spec.

What items are must have's and good value and what are unnecessary and frivilous luxuries for the wealthier buyer.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
formbyjules said:
Ok all - help please - if money is tight where should i really spend it on my spec.

What items are must have's and good value and what are unnecessary and frivilous luxuries for the wealthier buyer.
Tough one and depends what your budget really is and what's important. I started with the S and didn't want to spend much more but in the end pushed it up and up bit by bit but am happy so....

A lot is cosmetic and looks so wheels in particular can leave for big savings though undoubtedly the 22s look great.
Black pack leave, Panoramic is a personal choice but you could go light headlining to compensate for zero cost,

ASR is cheap at £150 and your cup holder at £50 is a rip off but it looks nice inside,
For me climate seats were a big thing as really wanted cooled seats and already used them so happy .
Practicality pack gives a few things you may want such as cooled glovebox , gesture tailgate (gimmicky but works) and a few other things.

In touch control pro is a big one. There is a cost but there is great benefit as its a lovely big screen with great tech features and if you love the whole connected - app thing then it's a must in my eyes. The sat Nav and the fact the screen pops up and splits info to you across the drivers side and centre console is fantastic - best one I've seen in a car from my experience.

The stereo you could upgrade but is costly so you may not want to.

·
Registered
302 Posts
formbyjules said:

Firstly F Pace configurator ought to have a health warning on it (or a finance/pocket warning) LOL .... I started with a modest R-Sport config running around £44K - Then came the 'S' spec plus a few options, then finally my tag line at bottom of this reply tells you where I ended-up!

Reality is then it's all about budget, and what you really want yourself/personal taste, but you also have to think about what will make this car desirable not only for you to look at and drive, but also when comes to re-sell for the next one! For me the things high on list to consider are:

• R Sport is the base spec
    22's - The car was designed around them, they therefore suit the car and IMHO anything smaller looks 'lost'
    Pano roof (fixed) makes interior light and airy for you and passengers
    Black pack only to be considered for certain colours (generally lighter ones)
    In Control Pro makes the car 'future proofed' as next gen cars will all go this way, so in 3-4 years time will be expected! Yes there are issues currently, but just trust JAG to fix (as they have to)
    ACSR is only £150 so good value
    You will need the cup holder cover

I'm certain other forum members will all have their own opinions, and as stated this is all about personal tastes... Bottom line is that this car, in whatever spec you go for is FANTASTIC.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
formbyjules said:

Hard to say without a budget,

For me a must would be the following S base model plus 3 litre engine, in touch pro, blind spot mirrors, front and rear parking, rear camera, fixed roof, 22 inch wheels as a starting reference.

But as mentioned without a budget its easy to blow that on extras.

·
Registered
688 Posts
as per the above, it all depends on the budget you have.. do you have an upper limit you want to keep within?

then its down to what more important for you, looks of the car, or functionality... of a bit of both!?

if its a bit of both then you can do without a pano roof and a premium paint.. I think the 22" are a must if you want it for the looks..

for practically, you can do without the fancy bits like the surround camera, park assist, memory seats etc.. i'd keep the ICTP and mood lighting (joke!)

but I started thinking of taking the F-Pace as a company car, but after adding the extra the BIK was extortionate! worked out "cheaper" on PCP for me

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't ignore the S. It comes with a lot of goodies as standard.
I agree with the other posts. Depends on what you value in a car.
I have park assist and TV in my current Evoque. I never use them.
The rest of my spec comes from the Evoque which I do use. Blind spot monitoring is really useful and the pano really lifts the interior. The 825 watt ICTP was a must for me. I love tech and music. I have the 825 now and it's awesome.
It's your car and your choice. You'll gets lots of help from here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it is going to be a company car. Currently have a 520d Mark Sport Touring in white with black leather. It's been an amazing car and I've always had great comments on it. My boss mentioned the F-Pace or the new E class estate. I went into showrooms at the weekend and was blown away by the F-Pace. Boss has ok'd it and had a lease quote over 3yrs 12k/yr for £400/month. Just wants me to give him a spec now. From what someone said earlier though I might be better looking at pcp? I am trying to keep as close to £42k as I can really - maybe £44 tops. So far I'm thinking 2ltr awd diesel auto R-sport. Either black or white with fixed panoramic and black pack. Black & white interior with jet headliner. Standard wheels. Unbadged. I really can't decide between the black or polaris white. To me the lovely shape and lines don't stand out on the black whereas they are accentuated on the white with black pack. Gf says wow looks feminine and I'd look like a wag on the school run. Says the black is far more masculine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
688 Posts
To me, the white with black pack and black wheels looks just as 'aggressive' as the black/black/black combo

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Don't ignore the S. It comes with a lot of goodies as standard.
I agree with the other posts. Depends on what you value in a car.
I have park assist and TV in my current Evoque. I never use them.
The rest of my spec comes from the Evoque which I do use. Blind spot monitoring is really useful and the pano really lifts the interior. The 825 watt ICTP was a must for me. I love tech and music. I have the 825 now and it's awesome.
It's your car and your choice. You'll gets lots of help from here.
We used exactly the same logic and ended up with the same spec :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
formbyjules said:
Well it is going to be a company car. Currently have a 520d Mark Sport Touring in white with black leather. It's been an amazing car and I've always had great comments on it. My boss mentioned the F-Pace or the new E class estate. I went into showrooms at the weekend and was blown away by the F-Pace. Boss has ok'd it and had a lease quote over 3yrs 12k/yr for £400/month. Just wants me to give him a spec now. From what someone said earlier though I might be better looking at pcp? I am trying to keep as close to £42k as I can really - maybe £44 tops. So far I'm thinking 2ltr awd diesel auto R-sport. Either black or white with fixed panoramic and black pack. Black & white interior with jet headliner. Standard wheels. Unbadged. I really can't decide between the black or polaris white. To me the lovely shape and lines don't stand out on the black whereas they are accentuated on the white with black pack. Gf says wow looks feminine and I'd look like a wag on the school run. Says the black is far more masculine. Thoughts?
That is a mighty deal.

I have specced up a 3.0 S with the following:

10 way electric seats with memory
22" double helix in silver
Adaptive LED headlights
Fixed side steps
825w with digital TV reception
Electronic towbar

Coming in around £700 per month with 10k pa

·
Registered
143 Posts
formbyjules said:
I've seen black and white both with black pack and I prefer the white.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Also bear in mind that White hides the dirt really easily and black takes much more effort to keep clean. Had 10 years of black cars now on my third white (having transitioned through grey!) and however counterintuitive it might seem white is the easiest to keep clean.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for this input folks. What is ASR @ £150
Am i right in thinking the car has 2 cup holders anyway in the centre console and you pay £50 for a sliding cover?
Am i also right in thinking you HAVE to choose one of the spare wheel options. You can't have no spare wheel.
How much rear headroom is lost with the various panoramic options - slide or fixed compared to the standard roof.
I'm thinking of sticking with the standard R-sport wheels as i think they look ok.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was told if speccing the full size 22" spare wheel There is a 90mm raised hump in the boot which will eat into available space

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
formbyjules said:
Thanks for this input folks. What is ASR @ £150
Am i right in thinking the car has 2 cup holders anyway in the centre console and you pay £50 for a sliding cover?
Am i also right in thinking you HAVE to choose one of the spare wheel options. You can't have no spare wheel.
How much rear headroom is lost with the various panoramic options - slide or fixed compared to the standard roof.
I'm thinking of sticking with the standard R-sport wheels as i think they look ok.
AdSR will select the correct traction/throttle response when driving on uneven/bad road surfaces. For £150 it's kind of a no-brainer given this is a 4x4.

Your cup-holder assertion is correct. A rip-off, but it makes the interior look complete.

No, you don't have to choose a spare wheel. Worth noting if you do have a spare wheel you lose the ability to store the rear parcel shelf under the boot floor.

I have the opening pano. I'm 6 foot and there's tons of headroom in the rear.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
44K max is tougher than I thought but plenty of options.
I just specced a R sport in MANUAL with pano roof and in control pro
Added practicality pack which perhaps was unnecessary but it has keyless entry on your package and
Also added rear camera - I think rear camera, keyless entry and In control Pro are the 3 things you want to add

£43,930

That's black with no black pack but you can remove practicality and squeeze a premium Colour in there

Your girlfriend has just called white a girls colour :) I'm not a fan but with the square set profile and black pack it does look ok though white seems to be a very popular colour and is having a late 80s early 90s comeback !

You cou,d try black without black pack see if you like that and go,silver or black wheels
See mine in the members gallery for black black with black wheels (22s though of course)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Head up display.

I ordered my f pace then decided to add a head up display unfortunately the dealer stated not only would I be paying the price of the head up display but because there had been a price increase on the car I would need to pay that too...only if I added the head up display....so I didn't...

However, today so many cars have head up displays I really think it's a thing future cars will have so in order to future prof your car I would get it ..definitely..

Interior lighting

I have the changeable interior mood lighting which is great for the feel good factor....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On my configurator it shows the Adaptive Dynamics Pack as £980 not £150? Can you specify just the AdSR bit on its own and if so where?

I need an automatic unfortunately as my knees are goosed having played hockey for too many years on dodgy astroturfs. I'll need two total knee replacements in the next 10yrs apparently according to the surgeon.

So this is where i have got to so far -

I have got the spec to the following - £44070 for the 2.0d R-Sport Auto AWD

Everything is basic standard R-Sport options apart from adding Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Cup Holder Cover & opted for InTouch Control Pro over sunroof (although if i add sunroof as well BIK goes from £397 to £410/month - hardly massive leap) - wheels standard, colour - ebony or polaris (still deciding), headlights standard, roof standard black rails, window surrounds standard black. Interior - front seats standard, steering wheel standard, veneer standard aluminium, trim jet & light oyster Taurus leather, headliner (jet or oyster - can't decide - swaying toward oyster)

I'm trying my best to keep costs down as the P11D cost price with extras on my existing BMW 520D M Sport Touring is £42,070 (about £340/month tax). So an extra £70/month to go for the Jag with everything i want. Cheapest I get the Jag is £381/month BIK tax if i go standard stereo and no sunroof.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Adsr and adaptive dynamics are different things. IIRC you can get Adsr for £150 but if you want the ride monitored a gazillion times a second and modified you need AD

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
formbyjules said:
On my configurator it shows the Adaptive Dynamics Pack as £980 not £150? Can you specify just the AdSR bit on its own and if so where?

I need an automatic unfortunately as my knees are goosed having played hockey for too many years on dodgy astroturfs. I'll need two total knee replacements in the next 10yrs apparently according to the surgeon.

So this is where i have got to so far -

I have got the spec to the following - £44070 for the 2.0d R-Sport Auto AWD

Everything is basic standard R-Sport options apart from adding Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Cup Holder Cover & opted for InTouch Control Pro over sunroof (although if i add sunroof as well BIK goes from £397 to £410/month - hardly massive leap) - wheels standard, colour - ebony or polaris (still deciding), headlights standard, roof standard black rails, window surrounds standard black. Interior - front seats standard, steering wheel standard, veneer standard aluminium, trim jet & light oyster Taurus leather, headliner (jet or oyster - can't decide - swaying toward oyster)

I'm trying my best to keep costs down as the P11D cost price with extras on my existing BMW 520D M Sport Touring is £42,070 (about £340/month tax). So an extra £70/month to go for the Jag with everything i want. Cheapest I get the Jag is £381/month BIK tax if i go standard stereo and no sunroof.
All sounds good to fit your budget, personally for the extra £70pm, go for it, it will be well worth it for the feel good factor.

Coming from an MSport 520d myself, I regard the pano roof as a definite, on the basis that it will make a nice change to the somber BMW. It is also the reason in my last two 5 series I went from black to oyster leather, it was just so dark in there! I have loved having the oyster, and now will have pano and red leather, as no oxsyter available on RSport or S, see my spec below, hell may as well go all out. ( red leather is different in S than RSport though just for your info, colours are reversed)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.