Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have my eyes on a second hand 2017 F pace 2.0D, from an independent 2nd hand car dealer. I haven’t been to see it yet as it is quite far away, but from the pics I see it doesn’t have the model number on the back right rear of the car. The dealer says it’s a 2.0D AWD, but how can I be sure if it doesn’t say that on the back of the car? What document would I need to ask him to share with me to confirm it’s an AWD and not just a 2WD? Many thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not sure if that option was available on both ICT and ICT Pro, but on ICT Pro there should be an option in the menu to see the power distribution between front and rear wheels. Jaguar dealership should definitely be able to pull up that info as well, but if it's a reputable dealer I would imagine they have something like that listed correctly.

Alternatively, you can try some VIN decoders - not sure how reliable they are, but I tried one and it did say correctly that my F-Pace was AWD.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can also get some information from the VIN here:

In my case it didn’t show AWD status, but it showed other information about the car.

Reactions: Andreasj

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, not sure if you can access the printed Owner’s Reference Guide, but in my version (2021) on page 30 there is a brief summary for how to decode parts of the VIN.

It isn’t very detailed but the 7th letter/number is labelled “5. Transmission and steering type”.

For example, my VIN begins with SADCA2AY8, so the second “A” apparently indicates transmission (AWD all-wheel drive) and steering (power steering, front wheels only).

It doesn’t list possible values though, so apart from “A” I’m not sure what else it can be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
keep it simple somtimes you can get that info through ask mid and car tax check. depends on who and how the info was put in.

·
Registered
762 Posts
One way to make sure 2WD FPace is rear wheel drive , if there are no front driveshafts it’s not AWD - look underneath, you might even be able to see on full lock.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive got a 2017 2ltr D. ICT also shows the wheel distribution on AWD cars matey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts