Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been on the manufacturing tour of the Solihull operation. F-Paces galore! There is a whole car park jammed as far as the eye can see with stock. Unfortunately you couldn't take any photos but as a self confessed anorak it was great to see all the different models and specs, I had only seen a 'First Edition' in Birmingham's New Street Station. I am trying hard to save for a deposit on a 2 wheel drive R sport in black and yes there was my exact spec to feast upon. Don't get me wrong, you couldn't get up close and personal but it was good to see my colour and wheel choice in the flesh.
Everything coming down the line was LHD (all mixed in with XEs and Rangies- all on the same final assembly line) and I only saw one with a 8 inch infotainment screen, all the others had the 10 inch. Cloth interiors (not UK!) and loads of '35t' models, I think for the USA and Australia markets. Of course there was the tour of the body in white too.
I'm going on the preview event next week where I hope to get some questions answered and get some firmer details on delivery time!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I didn't think they were letting you see the F PACE. I've booked for 22nd March now I've seen your post :)

My suspicions confirmed that they are building the US, left hand drive models first as my US colleagues are getting dates of June/July whilst we are being told Sept !!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Anyone had a call from Jaguar asking what delivery date they had been advised from their dealer?

I had a courtesy call earlier in the week and asking how my recent visit to the dealer had gone, whether I'd received a test drive and when I said I had a deposit down in the new F-Pace he asked what delivery date had I been told.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So from my contact at JLR about 30 minutes ago.

"they're building US and China spec vehicles at the moment so they can get them on the boats and into market ready for the launch. It takes 6+ weeks to sail to China. Apparently all UK vehicles orders are currently in a pool. No UK dates will appear until the pool starts being allocated build slots. Each UK dealer has a number of slots per month"

·
Registered
260 Posts
At the Goodwood event the Jaguar rep said for the UK - April for dealer demonstrators. Then I think First Edition in May and others from June.

Factory Tour sounds cool and I would love to go. I couldn't work out whether F-Pace was being built in Solihull or Castle Bromwich.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Cobstar said:
At the Goodwood event the Jaguar rep said for the UK - April for dealer demonstrators. Then I think First Edition in May and others from June.

Factory Tour sounds cool and I would love to go. I couldn't work out whether F-Pace was being built in Solihull or Castle Bromwich.
It's actually a mix of both, Some body panels are being pressed at Castle Bromwich, But all assembly (including the body) is being done at Solihull.

My salesman (which is not a massive dealership) told me they had approx 40 slots for the entire year, This was a month or so back and they had 28 firm orders then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts