Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a software patch done last week, I've not got the pro system though :(

They didn't tell me what the patch fixed but here's what I've noticed so far:
1 Sat nav seems better, the voice is much clearer and pronounces words better, its very similar now to the lady in my last 2014 XFS, although a few words are still cut off short, but its noticeably better, set a home address from the garage and the whole experience seems improved
2 Sat nav Setting a destination seems quicker and easier
3 Searching for albums on my memory stick seems quicker
4 Parking sensors def seem to work better , there seemed times before when it wasn't sure if it saw something there, its now feels more reliable and the beep tone seems different
5 there are a few icons on the touch screen that seem different to before, but can't really say which ones, just seems different
6 The audio set up seems different, again can't say exactly what's different, but it just seems to look a bit different and actually seems to sound a bit better

They also said that there was a campaign to check some of the suspension mechanics, link arms or something and gaiters, really not sure if they actually replaced anything, but I've never had any issues anyway.

I've had the F Pave 6 months now and an on 10,000 miles

sorry can't tell you more, but the info system does seem to be better and that was my main gripe anyway, the satnav

Cheers Rich

G

·
can you post any pictures of the touch screen? I don't believe I have had any update (certainly not been in for one) on the Standard ICT.

We can then compare it with yours and see whats different!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Rich, one of the icons to change is the sat nav icon, used to have a round circle but after update on the pro system it's just a filled in triangle, have you got this on the standard system?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take a look around the screen and take a pic of any that I think may be different, trouble is not knowing what was changed, I'm not sure what to take pics of

I sent an email to JLR customer support griping about the satnav and saying I knew an update was available, they came back as said yes and that I should contact my dealer.
I'd contacted my dealer previously and they said an update was NOT available so I forwarded the email from JLR, the dealer then invited me in for the update, funny that !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts