Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I emailed dealer to again formally record again ALL the issues (as a couple of extras are on the list) plus confirm the bodywork items to be done etc. Got a reply saying JLR have told dealer not to fit new unit as "PATCH 2" was not fitted to the new head unit. Since the car is booked in at bodyshop they will still take my car in as planned and resolve those items. We then wait to hear from JLR when PATCH 2 is ready for release. JLR are aware of my critical date of 22nd October. But don't want to fit latest software as it won't have any effect on my list of ICTP issues.

To be fair that's the most sensible thing JLR could have said!!

i respect that action but will need to draw a line at some point....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if we are this close I will postpone the Jexit, by a week in the interests of fairness but 31st Oct would be final cut off!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I thin that I got the previous patch, and it did......very little, actually less than that....zero!
Very frustrated - but trying hard to stay cool about it - the drive works great for putting the smile back, but yesterday was sat on the M6 in solid traffic with no 3G and the traffic box saying expect light traffic.
Was going to take a pic, but knowing my luck at the moment would have got nicked!
Give them time, lets see what they come up with!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Does anyone yet know what's on this patch or upgrade and have a list of things its going to correct?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Does anyone yet know what's on this patch or upgrade and have a list of things its going to correct?
Well JLR via the dealer claim this via my email.

"………We heard as you had about a new PATCH (PATCH 2) coming out in OCTOBER 2016 which apparently we are being told by technical that it will solve all of the issues and that it is probable that fitting the new unit will make no difference without PATCH 2, so technical have said its worth waiting for PATCH 2 and installing it first, the situation I think will be worse if we had fitted this unit and you have exactly the same issues after.……………They are well aware of your deadline date, and of course are anxious they resolve your issues before then"

Can't say fairer than that! Claim it will fix "ALL ISSUES"!! Bloody hope so!! Wonder if that will include my wife's driving skills???

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So mine is due to delivered that week, I am guessing I shouldn't take delivery until "patch 2" has been installed?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F-Pace S said:
So mine is due to delivered that week, I am guessing I shouldn't take delivery until "patch 2" has been installed?
There are obviously two choices, take it and start enjoying the good bits knowing there is a fair chance you can have it back in to upload the Patch 2, after hearing our reports that it has worked. Or wait until the Patch 2 is released, have it installed and hope like us it had fixed everything.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Personally and with hindsight if I had the choice again I would have waited a couple of months to have it applied. I've enjoyed the car but the shine has definitely been taken off what should be (certainly for this sort of money) a joyful experience.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
F-Pace S said:
There are obviously two choices, take it and start enjoying the good bits knowing there is a fair chance you can have it back in to upload the Patch 2, after hearing our reports that it has worked. Or wait until the Patch 2 is released, have it installed and hope like us it had fixed everything.
Yes I think you are right Carl, lets see how the dates go and decide nearer the time, anything could change with JLR of course

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Well JLR via the dealer claim this via my email.

"………We heard as you had about a new PATCH (PATCH 2) coming out in OCTOBER 2016 which apparently we are being told by technical that it will solve all of the issues and that it is probable that fitting the new unit will make no difference without PATCH 2, so technical have said its worth waiting for PATCH 2 and installing it first, the situation I think will be worse if we had fitted this unit and you have exactly the same issues after.……………They are well aware of your deadline date, and of course are anxious they resolve your issues before then"

Can't say fairer than that! Claim it will fix "ALL ISSUES"!! Bloody hope so!! Wonder if that will include my wife's driving skills???
That is some claim to fix all issues, that's sticking there neck on the line.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday, there was an error in the build, somehow the deployable tow bar was not fitted, so the dealer did it instead,

Apparently they cannot get the car to talk to it, because there is not a patch that they can install on the ICTP!

They have spoken to JLR and are confident it will be available some time next week, wonder if it will be in the new patch as well!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Pos.k said:
This new patch...it's going to be all things to all men (and Catwoman)

I bet it's made from Snake Oil.
If it's not the mucky stuff will be hitting the dealers fans big time that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If it fixes most isssues that's a great start. A minor patch or two can fix any last final niggles if needs be.

One thing that isn't a "problem" but is really winding me up is the speed of startup. Jump in car, reverse out and GO !!
No - wait at least 30 seconds maybe 40 or more then you may get your camera to work so you can see behind and around you - then get going

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
If it fixes most isssues that's a great start. A minor patch or two can fix any last final niggles if needs be.

One thing that isn't a "problem" but is really winding me up is the speed of startup. Jump in car, reverse out and GO !!
No - wait at least 30 seconds maybe 40 or more then you may get your camera to work so you can see behind and around you - then get going
I can solve that issue, reverse in and drive sort. Sorted :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:

I can solve that issue, reverse in and drive sort. Sorted :p
With ideas for a workaround like that you could work for jaguar.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Ha - not so good when parking parallel and need to jiggle back and forth to get put or wouldn't mind seeing around you fully .
It is bloody slow though to kick in. Wait for the various startups, radio kicks, maybe the phone will connect etc etc

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just been told my car will be ready for collection next weekend so if anyone does finally nail the mythical PATCH2 could they post a version number as I've already told the dealer no acceptance without this installed. Thanks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You may just get it but I spoke to a tech at Jag and it's probably mid October as undergoing extensive testing this time.

1 - 20 of 355 Posts