Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had phone call from dealer....a software issue means I can't pick up my Fe today :( ...told last Friday car was in and could pick it up today...then 1hr before I was due to drive 30miles to pick it up ,I get a phone call from the dealer to say they can't update the software....not being funny but what the [email protected]@@?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes was with a dealer today and he said they are manic. Huge interest in the f pace and then they dropped a software update bomb so they are non stop dealing with things.

As long as it's a short wait best to get the software sorted save having to go back or deal with issues for the first few weeks of driving.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea but arranged work around this collection .they called me to say pick the car up today...only to be told this at the last minute :eek: :x
Was told not sure when it will be ready..
Their attitude was oh well .... :eek:
I'm sure it's a delay tactic as Sdixon Picked his up yesterday ..and is driven around :D
So far the whole jag experience....from no invite to factory tour...lost order(but took deposit)...no model car :eek: ...no info and now this ....Has been sh :roll: t to say the least :oops:
Feel like having car shifted to another dealer and pick it up from there :shock:

When I do eventually pick it up ...I'm going to say where do I sign and where's the keys....I'm not waiting around for all the usual chit chat crap :twisted: The so called jaguar experience ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds like that is more down to a poor dealer, Wayne, than Jag. Lots of us have great Jaguar experiences. I would make sure you give that feedback to JLR head office. They should know when their dealers (so-called brand ambassadors) are tarnishing their name.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Waynem said:
Yea but arranged work around this collection .they called me to say pick the car up today...only to be told this at the last minute :eek: :x
I'm sure it's a delay tactic as Sdixon Picked his up yesterday ..and is driven around :D
So far the whole jag experience....from no invite to factory tour...lost order(but took deposit)...no model car :eek: ...no info and now this ....Has been sh :roll: t to say the least :oops:
Feel like having car shifted to another dealer and pick it up from there :shock:

When I do eventually pick it up ...I'm going to say where do I sign and where's the keys....I'm not waiting around for all the usual chit chat crap :twisted: The so called jaguar experience ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:
Now that you have it, how did the actual pickup go today?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a song and dance Had last minute phone call to say the issue was resolved ....they stayed open ...late ....inorder for me to pick car up....did the full unveiling thing ...pulled off the covers ....photos ...flowers ,champagne (first edition labels )
In the end all the frustrations and waiting etc are finally worth it ....the car is spot on :D

I can't explain how much of a job it was sorting everything from work to payment in order to get car at short notice ,,,then software issue...even sent my lift home who had arranged they're own time inorder to drive us to the dealer ...then at last minute called them back because it was back on... :shock: ....

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Way to go, Waynem!!! . . . congratulations! . . so happy for you! . . just ENJOY !

(...oh, and by the way, I think you also win the "post with the most emoticons ever" contest too! ;) )

Waynem said:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fantastic news Waynem. Glad all the frustrations can be put behind you now. Good news about As being present. And the Jaguar puddle lights are a neat touch.

Enjoy getting to know your car on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.