Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my beautiful F Pace at the end of July. I am told by the dealer the approximate delivery will be December.
What happens now?
Do I pester the dealer until I get a confirmed build and delivery date OR ... Do I wait until he contacts me.
I have read many posts about deliveries coming forward. How does that happen? Is it just good luck or is there something I should be doing to expedite the delivery?
Also what is the process and sequence of events.
Can someone who has already been through the process let me know what I need to do. If anything.
Thanks fellow forummers.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I would certainly ask them for the two upcoming important bits of information.
Lock in date and build date.

Once you know that you know the date you can make changes up until and if you have the build date you know it's delivered normally within a couple of weeks of that

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered in April, and given an initial delivery date of dec13th then had a call 3 weeks ago saying it was to be built the first week of September, then I received an email from the dealer today saying the car is being built today, so not bad being I was having to wait till December. Does any body know how long the build process take ? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Damo1969 said:
I ordered in April, and given an initial delivery date of dec13th then had a call 3 weeks ago saying it was to be built the first week of September, then I received an email from the dealer today saying the car is being built today, so not bad being I was having to wait till December. Does any body know how long the build process take ? :D :D :D
3 days so by next week they should have notification of build and can call,it down. Mine took 3 days to,arrive then of course PDI etc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mbadger77 said:

Once you know that you know the date you can make changes up until and if you have the build date you know it's delivered normally within a couple of weeks of that
Thanks Mbadger77. I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
As mbadger77 said...lock in date for final spec to be made, and build date by which time car will be built. These dates are normally 3-4 weeks apart. Deposit paid Sept 15.......My lock in was 14th June, build date 8th July, collected from dealer on 22nd July. Possible car rejection due to too many issues with ICTP by first week of Sept!! So full cycle deposit to reject 12 months!! Great!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Damo1969 said:
3 days so by next week they should have notification of build and can call,it down. Mine took 3 days to,arrive then of course PDI etc
Thanks for the info, just a little excited :D :) :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Damo1969 said:
Mbadger77 said:
Damo1969 said:
Thanks for the info, just a little excited :D :) :D
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself - ordered last year so been a 10 month + wait . Been looking for and chasing details of build and looking forward to the day that seemed so far off for some time that I'm in a weird pre delivery state.
It was meant to be built then got delayed, 2 weeks shutdown didn't have a clue what was going on then eventually to get the news it's built and then it's here.
It's down at the dealers now so in a nice calm. Haven't been to see it. Due to pickup next Thursday :)
JUst hope the choices I made worked and it lives up to the wait

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered mine late April, advised today delivery is in weeks - w'hey!
After 10 years of German Coupes (A5, 3series, E class Cab) this is my first British built car, having been really impressed at the Castle Brom Preview Event.
Can't wait!

Awaiting delivery: 2L R Sport, Italian red, black pack, 20" Black venom wheels and a host of other goodies

·
Registered
948 Posts
^Mate you'll love it, the car is seriously impressive and that's from someone coming out of Porsche Cayennes and the latest RRSports. The only thing negative to say is the 2.0L isn't a rocket ship but once up to speed it handles like a dream, probably even better than the 3.0 version.

Your car shouldn't have the suspension creaking that effected the very early car and nor will it have the ITCP issues as the latest update has sorted that too.

It's a hell of a machine.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
When was the latest update for the ICTP?? You reckon it's fixed?? Mine goes in on Tuesday......I ain't holding my breath!

·
Registered
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
When was the latest update for the ICTP?? You reckon it's fixed?? Mine goes in on Tuesday......I ain't holding my breath!
Mine was in yesterday for the suspension fix, even though my ITCP was fine I got the latest update for the issues that were

1: blank main screen
2: no reception (at times the radio reception go then a few seconds later returns)
3: blank info screen on the dash (left hand side one)

That's all the issues I was told about but may include the ones you are having too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Timbo62 said:
Mbadger77 said:

Dealer is now quoting a November 16 delivery. 1 month early. Happy :D :p

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Timbo62 said:
Mbadger77 said:

Dealer is now quoting a November 16 delivery. 1 month early. Happy :D :p
I'd still ask them for the Lock in date and build date. They are the key dates and the lock in date is last date you can amend your order. Until then you can adjust it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once you know that you know the date you can make changes up until and if you have the build date you know it's delivered normally within a couple of weeks of that[/quote]
Thanks Mbadger77. I'll call them tomorrow.[/quote]
Dealer is now quoting a November 16 delivery. 1 month early. Happy :D :p[/quote]

I'd still ask them for the Lock in date and build date. They are the key dates and the lock in date is last date you can amend your order. Until then you can adjust it.[/quote]
Hi Mbadger, Lock in date is 10th September. He didn't give a build date just a date when it would arrive at the dealership. I will be talking to him again shortly anyway.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Timbo62 said:
Thanks Mbadger77. I'll call them tomorrow.[/quote]
Dealer is now quoting a November 16 delivery. 1 month early. Happy :D :p[/quote]

I'd still ask them for the Lock in date and build date. They are the key dates and the lock in date is last date you can amend your order. Until then you can adjust it.[/quote]
Hi Mbadger, Lock in date is 10th September. He didn't give a build date just a date when it would arrive at the dealership. I will be talking to him again shortly anyway.[/quote]

How interesting, my lock in date was 4th August, my build date is 16th September, estimated to me within 10-12 days from the 16th

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks good then. Generally lock in date to build date is around a month or so then within 2 weeks after build you have car at dealers probably prepped
Mid sept lock is a October mid to,late build and will arrive probably first week November.
I was quoted delivery by 9th Sept based on build date but it arrived about 10 days ago and is ready.
Picking up Thursday for new Reg !

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Looks good then. Generally lock in date to build date is around a month or so then within 2 weeks after build you have car at dealers probably prepped
Mid sept lock is a October mid to,late build and will arrive probably first week November.
I was quoted delivery by 9th Sept based on build date but it arrived about 10 days ago and is ready.
Picking up Thursday for new Reg !
Thanks for clarifying, sounds good to me. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday 1st October, so I am hoping it will be here for then...cutting it a little fine though....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hi sorry to bring this up again, I have a build date of 9th Sept and delivery date 30th Sept. Should I ring dealer tomorrow to find out details or leave till he rings me. Do they automatically ring all customers after build date or do we hurry them along :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.