Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rang my dealer today to find out if my car had been built. It had a build date of Friday and I was surprised to hear I could pick up next week.
Then came the bad news, it has a brogue interior when I had ordered jet.
The dealer accepted it was an error on their part and so offered me use of the new car until a replacement is built.

However this brings more headache...
Need to cancel detailing, not sure what happens with GAP insurance (can you transfer) and will also need to transfer over my insurance when I switch cars.
And the worry that if the car gets damaged I may be stuck with it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Oh damn. That's a bugger.
Have you seen it ? I've Actually ordered brogue
Insurance transfer isn't a problem though may be small fee. GAP I don't know about so it's read the fine print time - I just bought mine last night,
I was wondering what I'd do if it's wrong spec. Tricky one and I'd either take it with a discount or maybe just wait but what's the eta on a new one ?
Really tricky situation but if the loaner F pace gets damaged there is insurance and your GAP ?!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
By the way how are there errors in spec ?
The system has an order on it and it just has to be followed then surely checked at the end before going out ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should hopefully get the new car in 8 weeks, but I'm expecting it to be 10.
The problem is that we don't currently have a car, so waiting another 8 or so weeks isn't an option.

I'll go and look at the car, but brogue isn't a colour I ever thought about getting, so not sure I would want to keep it.

Regarding getting the order wrong; I believe the system had the correct spec, but before building the car the factory confirms the spec with the dealer I believe, (can't be sure though).
Whoever checked the spec obviously didn't and confirmed it was correct.

My only worry in taking the loaner is if something happens. It shouldn't, but I've had quite a few issues just ordering the car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Perhaps the dealer should be offering to put you on their insurance in the circumstances?

Whilst it's not the car you ordered there's not much which can be done other than to look at the upsides, you get to put mileage and tyre wear etc on a car you'll be handing back when yours is built, Jaguar will probably escalate the build so it's likely to be weeks not months, more time for the In-control and other issues to be sorted before you receive yours and dare I say, the brogue might grow on you! I would imagine it's a nice combination with Ammonite.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it could grow on me. I've not seen brogue in the flesh or any images with brogue and ammonite. Would it look sporty? I've gone for black pack and black alloys

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
newcat said:
I should hopefully get the new car in 8 weeks, but I'm expecting it to be 10.
The problem is that we don't currently have a car, so waiting another 8 or so weeks isn't an option.

I'll go and look at the car, but brogue isn't a colour I ever thought about getting, so not sure I would want to keep it.

Regarding getting the order wrong; I believe the system had the correct spec, but before building the car the factory confirms the spec with the dealer I believe, (can't be sure though).
Whoever checked the spec obviously didn't and confirmed it was correct.

My only worry in taking the loaner is if something happens. It shouldn't, but I've had quite a few issues just ordering the car.
Our dealer gives the final spec and order to the customer and gets them to check and confirm and sign the order !!
Real shame it's gone wrong somewhere.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
newcat said:
Yes, it could grow on me. I've not seen brogue in the flesh or any images with brogue and ammonite. Would it look sporty? I've gone for black pack and black alloys
Tough one to imagine. I like it as its the really dark brown not the tan you may see often.
How it goes with ammonite I really don't know.. Black pack certainly doesn't hurt the combo
See what you think - it may look slightly more classic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for responses, hopefully I'll fall in love with it. I didn't even ask whether they got the rest of the spec right...
...oh well, another surprise for another day

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I actually think it could work out as a combo...get down there, get some pics and lets have a look ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
newcat said:
Good choice!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts