Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The F-Pace drove off into the sunset tonight with a new owner in the driving seat.

It's been a rollercoaster of emotions over the last year, and I'm certainly going to miss a lot of the features of the car, but it wasn't for me ultimately.

I'll be sticking around to continue living the car through you all :D

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Bugger! Thought we were rid of you too?? :lol: :lol: you are only hanging around to mock us further!! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Having got the same car as you had can i be rude and ask what price you finally got for the car?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
What in particular didn't you like or didn't work for you and what have you gone for - Porsche was it ?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
What in particular didn't you like or didn't work for you and what have you gone for - Porsche was it ?
I personally would look at the Audi SQ7 it looks very nice, if i did not like my Fpace i would be off to Audi now.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the First Edition because of its 'sporty' pedigree.

Having had the car for a few months, I just don't think it is that. It's a super £40-£50k car, but it's just not worth the top price tag.

Inside was nice, but not special. Too many hard plastics.

The drive was lovely, but not really sporty.

The sound of the engine was, well to be honest, the most disappointing part. How come other manufacturers can make a diesel still sound exciting (Porsche for example), but the Jag unit was very agricultural at higher revs. Which in my mind put it odds with the looks outside.

Really they should have made the first edition petrols like in other countries.

So, overall there wasn't one thing I disliked, and talk about first world problems - it was an amazing car. Just not special enough for me to warrant the price tag.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
SonicPace said:

Having had the car for a few months, I just don't think it is that. It's a super £40-£50k car, but it's just not worth the top price tag.

The sound of the engine was, well to be honest, the most disappointing part. How come other manufacturers can make a diesel still sound exciting (Porsche for example), but the Jag unit was very agricultural at higher revs. Which in my mind put it odds with the looks outside.

So, overall there wasn't one thing I disliked, and talk about first world problems - it was an amazing car. Just not special enough for me to warrant the price tag.
Having got the same car i can agree to some point but to buy a car and take a massive price loss in just 6 months, it will not be long before the aftermarket exhaust people get onto these and a exhaust that would have fitted your noise requirements would be available.

Agree the 3 litre petrol would have been a better choice of engine.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
SonicPace said:

I think that's fair enough. It's the most I've ever spent on a car but it's not really the best car I've had in many ways,
The interior you are correct is OK. If not 60 grands ok. At the entry level it's good but that's ported up into the upper models with no options to "lux" it up. My previous portfolio XF even felt a little more "special" though there was the nasty plastic console around the gear etc so it had started.

The engine sound is one area I can't complain about and is perhaps one big redeeming feature, I love it and it sounds great and really adds to the experience. The petrol hits that sporty note.
I love the tech as well the ICTP pro is the sort of stuff I want. The remote start, draggable pinchable sat Nav and music.

I'm on the edge of happy with it without been blown away but impressed in many areas.
Not sure I'd switch to an Audi not my sort of thing but maybe will look around in the 6 months if I don't fall just a little more in love with the car. The macan wouldn't work but I like the idea of a Cayenne turbo and love decent power but it may not be what I want or have the bits I actually love from the Fpace so it's tricky,

Let us know what you go for and what you've tested etc - interesting

·
Registered
18 Posts
I moved from a Hybrid Porsche Cayenne to the 3L Petrol. The Cayenne was outstanding. And even better compared to the Jag. However my Jag was 62k, the Cayenne equiv is nearly 20k more, that is a significant difference. I was originally getting the Tesla X which I had on order since Feb 2015 but that ultimately came in at over £100k.
My initial disappointment with Jag was improved a little when they recently updated the App so it now works and I can check if I locked it, start the engine remotely and see my trips. The ICTP is really dissapointing and so buggy, if they get that right, and Im hopeful they may I'll be very happy. My Jag is all black and I think looks better than any comparable SUV's out there (except the Bentley). In terms of performance it is undeniably a real beast but a hell of a bone rattler. The jury is still out......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts