Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some reading yesterday, I noticed that the F-Pace is 2070mm wide, even with mirrors folded. That's very wide for a road car.

A number of roads and tunnels near where I live have 2.0m width restrictions, some in old school 6'6". 2070mm is 6'9½"

This might make it a practical deal breaker for me :-( is the car really that wide?

By comparison, my old R8 was 1904mm, my Macan is 1923mm, both big cars, and you have to consider width restrictions (and buy really good alloy insurance!).

To me, the crossover SUV style is meant to bring fun and practicality, but without all the downsides of a huge car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My current car is 1804mm wide (not including mirrors). I didn't realise that the F-Pace was such a wide car but it won't be a deal-breaker for me. I think it'll make it look more imposing on the road

·
Administrator
199 Posts
A set of roadworks on the A1 currently have a 6'6" width restriction in the outside lane but other than that I don't think there are any roads nearby that would cause a concern for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure. It's in the brochure, but copied here:

Overall length 4,731mm
Overall width (inc. mirrors) 2,175mm
Overall width (exc. mirrors) 1,936mm
Overall height 1,652mm
Wheelbase 2,874mm
Front track 1,641mm
Rear track 1,654mm
Ground clearance 213mm
Turning circle diameter (kerb to kerb) 11.87m
Boot volume 650l

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yet on the configurator:

Overall length (mm): 4,731
Overall width inc. mirrors (mm): 2,175
Overall width with mirrors folded in (mm): 2,070
Overall height (mm): 1,652
Wheelbase (mm): 2,874
Front track (mm): 1,641
Rear track (mm): 1,654
Ground clearance (mm): 213
Turning circle (m): 11.87
Boot volum* (litres VDA) *When fitted with Tyre Repair System: 650

So, a discrepancy on the width!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the 6'6" restrictions are in force to generally exclude HGV's. As cars have grown over the years there are plenty that now exceed the 6'6" limit. My F-Type was a wide car (and felt it on narrow roads) but I didn't limit myself to the inside lane on roadworks etc. I don't think the F-Pace will feel any bigger to a Discovery/Q5 etc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.