Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some research and there are not many SUV's out there as large as the F-Pace. It seems unnecessarily wide at 2,070 mm (81.5"), without mirrors, when most others are around 1,850 mm. This is a whole 7.75". Does anyone else have any thoughts/concerns on the width, were they surprised after ordering the car and what's it like for parking and narrow roads ?

I know I opened up the subject when I introduced myself, but I'm on the tipping point of cancelling the order and waiting for the so called 'E-Pace' in 18 months time.

Thanks,

East Winger

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
You can only do what's right for you. So wait, if that's what you feel. I can't say it concerns me. Just look around, there are all sorts of various vehicle sizes on the roads, all you have to do is drive appropriately for the conditions. Good drivers do that every time they get behind the wheel.

You could always do what Terry Grant does . . .

·
Registered
117 Posts
A lot of cars have 3 width dimensions. With mirrors, mirrors folded, excluding mirrors. The f pace I think is 1936mm without mirrors. Still wide, and something that concerned me initially, yet on test drives didn't feel it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
eastwinger said:
I've done some research and there are not many SUV's out there as large as the F-Pace. It seems unnecessarily wide at 2,070 mm (81.5"), without mirrors, when most others are around 1,850 mm. This is a whole 7.75". Does anyone else have any thoughts/concerns on the width, were they surprised after ordering the car and what's it like for parking and narrow roads ?

I know I opened up the subject when I introduced myself, but I'm on the tipping point of cancelling the order and waiting for the so called 'E-Pace' in 18 months time.

Thanks,

East Winger
How much time have you spent driving the F Pace? Did it feel too wide? If so, don't buy it!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
TDF2016 said:
Try going through a 6'6" width limit on a slight bend!
Ah stop your whining you lot .. I am surrounded by the bloomin things ... all of these are within 1/4 mile of my house and I can't get in our out without negotiating one!

Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Infrastructure

Plant Car Vehicle Infrastructure Tree

Car Infrastructure Tree Motor vehicle Vehicle

Motor vehicle Infrastructure Vehicle Road surface Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are all right that it's a personal choice but a 20 minute test drive and a reverse into an space on an empty car park does not give the true story of living with it.

Nice pictures by the way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
eastwinger said:

Thanks,

East Winger
Mine's due in early August and have taken a couple of test drives (first one for around an hour and the second last weekend being around half a day) - I wanted time to take the F Pace on the journey's i'm likely to make which has a mix of widths and motorway journey

I must say that I currently own a Freelander II and see no problems with the dimensions on the F PACE, and feel confident I'm not going to bend it when I get it :)

People coming from smaller cars will probably want to to err on the side of caution, but I genuinely felt really confident driving it without worrying about scrapes :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I tried the VW Touareg and BMW X5 and both felt bigger to me and in particular the wife had concerns with both regarding their size, this is her car.....I just pay for it! Thing is, She drove the f pace and I've never seen her smile when getting out of a car (she isn't normally bothered or interested in cars) and said, that is the car we see having, no question! In short, it felt right, so it was right.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Daddy999 said:
My wife and I tried the VW Touareg and BMW X5 and both felt bigger to me and in particular the wife had concerns with both regarding their size, this is her car.....I just pay for it! Thing is, She drove the f pace and I've never seen her smile when getting out of a car (she isn't normally bothered or interested in cars) and said, that is the car we see having, no question! In short, it felt right, so it was right.
:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
Awww quit ya moaning, you don't know what narrow is......

This way avoids the tourists :D
Box brownie , shots were Sunday from my Audi.... I have three ways in last two miles all like this in any direction each one has a section of 1:3 incline, I tend to use the ford in the summer as Its low, six inches, it can get too high for the disco on raised suspension in winter after snow melt... At the moment both door handles on the A5 have trapped seed heads from the cowslip in the leading edge of handles, through the ford the lane goes through a farm and I have to drive through rubber rods which allow the cows to walk from the pasture to the automated milking parlour at my neighbours farm.... I am wondering if the Gtechniq coating will prevent scratches from the "fishing rods" and the baked on Cow sh*t when I have driven it out to the west coast station and left it there for 4-5 days before coming home and having the chance to jet wash it off????

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a VW Touareg and on my test drive of F pace it felt similar in size, didn't feel any wider.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Gman said:
Boxbrownie said:

Box brownie , shots were Sunday from my Audi.... I have three ways in last two miles all like this in any direction each one has a section of 1:3 incline, I tend to use the ford in the summer as Its low, six inches, it can get too high for the disco on raised suspension in winter after snow melt... At the moment both door handles on the A5 have trapped seed heads from the cowslip in the leading edge of handles, through the ford the lane goes through a farm and I have to drive through rubber rods which allow the cows to walk from the pasture to the automated milking parlour at my neighbours farm.... I am wondering if the Gtechniq coating will prevent scratches from the "fishing rods" and the baked on Cow sh*t when I have driven it out to the west coast station and left it there for 4-5 days before coming home and having the chance to jet wash it off????
Wow you have really wide roads there ;)

Don't worry about Cow Poop......it's the Seagull Sh1t that does the damage around here, if you don't get it off before it dries solid it can eat into anything, seriously Alien blood has nothing on this [email protected] :lol:

·
Registered
381 Posts
eastwinger said:

Thanks,

East Winger
2,070mm mirrors folded, that's only 85mm more than my Evoque mirrors folded.

I can live with that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
The Gman said:
Boxbrownie said:

Wow you have really wide roads there ;)

Don't worry about Cow Poop......it's the Seagull Sh1t that does the damage around here, if you don't get it off before it dries solid it can eat into anything, seriously Alien blood has nothing on this [email protected] :lol:
Ah yes good old seagul poop that does tend to eat into your paint :shock: I remember about five years ago a problem with a large flock of Starlings roosting at Crewe station car park in some very adjacent huge leylandi shrubs, I arrived early on a Monday and saw all the empty spaces nearest the station and the trees and the it clicked, I went to the farthest reaches of the carpark..... On returning on Thursday evening the unsuspecting souls who had parked there cars were under a quarter inch of guano, bonnet, roof, windscreen and vents... You would have needed to scrap it off with a ice scrapper.... Rail track did a huge pruning job about two weeks later.... cow poo not so bad after all : :D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2016 VW Touareg and just had my Supercharged F Pace delivered and the Jag is certainly smaller and not as wide .

No doubt that SUVs like the X5, Q7 and ML are larger all round but the F Pace does look bulkier , all illusionary though !!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tex said:
I have a 2016 VW Touareg and just had my Supercharged F Pace delivered and the Jag is certainly smaller and not as wide .

No doubt that SUVs like the X5, Q7 and ML are larger all round but the F Pace does look bulkier , all illusionary though !!
A lot of people forget that the F-Pace is only a Mid-Size SUV, but your correct in that it has been designed to be visually larger, "down the road" presence it is called.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Tex said:

Agreed, what kind of vehicle are these people coming out of?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.