Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So by the end of 2017 the FP S with a 3.0D V6 engine that I have on order (for delivery hopefully by August), will be replaced by the six cylinder Ingenium straight six engine,

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/jaguar/jaguar-land-rover-readies-ingenium-straight-six-for-launch-in-20171/

Having tried the F pace 3.0D V6 over the weekend I thought the driveline was superb and the fit and finish of the bodywork to be of a high standard, as is my current XF. Imagine how the the straight six cylinder diesel with 400bhp will perform like, if fitted to the FP!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hope they are right but in the past CAR have a habit of getting it wrong despite claiming it to be inside information.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would be amazed if they managed to get this series of engines to the market and in RR and Jag models by the end of 2017. If they manage it I would imagine RR will get priority to refresh the line up first over Jag who presumably shift a smaller proportion of 6 cyl with XE and soon to be 2.0d F-Pace majority sellers

Hopefully, when they do though it won't knock resale of the current 300bhp V6 diesel too considerably. It's not as if the engine I've opted for is dirty, in-fact it's pretty clean and been tinkered with and fine tuned over time to get the optimum balance of performance, economy and emissions from what I can see.

In a lot of respects I would prefer a tried and tested unit, like the 2.2d ex-Ford/ PSA clunky but reliable and pretty tourqey Evoque engine I'm in now compared to an early Ingenium.

Only time will tell four years down the line when I'm ready to sell-on - by which time dirty diesel engines will be consigned to history and Elon Musk will have taken over the world anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts