Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm collecting my Fpace in a week or two and have the standard stereo/infotainment package - I know I won't have all the tech for which ICTP needs a SIM but my spec shows the standard infotainment package as coming with InControl Apps. InControl Remote Premium and InControl Wifi - presumably to use this functionality I would need a SIM. Is that correct? Also what size SIM would I need - Standard, mini or nano?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Beany1 said:
I'm collecting my Fpace in a week or two and have the standard stereo/infotainment package - I know I won't have all the tech for which ICTP needs a SIM but my spec shows the standard infotainment package as coming with InControl Apps. InControl Remote Premium and InControl Wifi - presumably to use this functionality I would need a SIM. Is that correct? Also what size SIM would I need - Standard, mini or nano?
Yes, buy this SIM with all three sizes.
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-12GB-of-Data?products=&gclid=CJXei5zNstACFU46GwodyZgAnw

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought the same 3 SIM card from Amazon. Lots of other threads on here making the same recommendation.
Simply put it in and connected straight away. Don't even have to register with 3.

·
Registered
688 Posts
And with this three sim you don't register is so no chance of your data being stolen :roll:

G

·
Hello

On My XE S I used a 12 Gb sim from three ... I have a good 3G connection most of the time, this part of the Tech I am happy with .. it works for me

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Beany1 said:
Hey Beany

There's a standard embedded SIM that most of the Incontrol suite uses. You only need the additional SIM for 3G data funtions such as wifi or traffic info.

G

·
JLRnumber5 said:
Beany1 said:
Hey Beany

There's a standard embedded SIM that most of the Incontrol suite uses. You only need the additional SIM for 3G data funtions such as wifi or traffic info.
Also .. do you not need this for sat view for satnav ? .. but most of the time not used in real life ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your responses. Don't think I'll bother with the SIM - by the sound of it I don't really need it - the kids will no doubt be disappointed they can't have wifi but that is surely no bad thing!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.