Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
That great for seeing how much date I will use I don't think I will use much so this is great .
Well spotted sonic

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used the "3" SIM in my A6 Hybrid, was not 12gb back then (3gb) but its lasted 9 months easily unitil I changed the car and used Google maps overlay every day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what do I need a sim for???

·
Registered
208 Posts
For all the internet connectivity features... satellite maps, apps, ETA sharing, connected search, etc. There are ways around this, if you use your phone as a wifi hotspot and connect the car to it, but this is a little more fiddly that just using a sim permanent;y installed in the car.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A nice touch by the way is under the settings for the SIM card it shows you how much data you've used.

So far I've used 30mb, so it doesn't seem to eat the data if you're sensible.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am guessing, but I think the inbuilt SIM will be a clever one that bridges multiple networks to ensure there is a data network always available - perhaps this is something they couldn't easily pass on to Joe Public.

For us, we just pick the SIM that works the best in our area, so far so good with the Three SIM.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've just ordered the 12gb '3 Network' pre loaded for 12 months at £30 from Amazon that someone on the forum kindly highlighted :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello folks,

So, reading this thread, I feel like I have just beamed in from the world of Windows 98. Can someone be kind enough just to explain why I need a SIM card, how much it'll cost and what functionality I will get? My current order specification is for the F-Pace S but I have decided not to upgrade from the standard In Control Touch to the wide screen version, if that's relevant.

In particular, I am hoping that the inbuilt SatNav will have 'real time traffic information' and offer rerouting suggestions both here in the UK & in Europe. Do I need a SIM card installed for that functionality too?

Any simple explanation is appreciated. My current 2014 XC60 doesn't have a SIM card.

Thanks,

Arianne

1 - 20 of 363 Posts