Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,just ordered side steps of eBay,got the last set for sale.They look fairly good,but coming from China at £350,am I mad?? Lol
Don't know how to post a link btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Brave man! Fixed ones I assume?

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
I have got Jaguar fitted side steps and to be honest I have turned them off, thought I would like them but to be honest they get in the way trying to get out of the vehicle.

I do use them to stand on to clean the roof though lol.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I saw the fitting instructions on topix for the official ones if you needed to compare

·
Registered
441 Posts
I looked at the same set on E bay but put in an offer of £240 which was accepted and heard today that they are in the hands of Fedex and will arrive this week. I am sure that they will be fine as coming from China they will be a well made copy of the genuine Jaguar items so the next challenge will be fitting them!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Images fitted to car? Not your cars obviously!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Had them on my RRS and after many many dirty backs of trousers swore never again. Honestly they are a total pain. They serve no purpose and actually make getting in and out more difficult. I could forgive the fact they ruin the lines of the car if they were actually functional. Cleaning the roof aside that is!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Side steps spoil lines of the car IMHO, dirty trouser leg a pain. :lol:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Had them on my RRS and after many many dirty backs of trousers swore never again. Honestly they are a total pain. They serve no purpose and actually make getting in and out more difficult. I could forgive the fact they ruin the lines of the car if they were actually functional. Cleaning the roof aside that is!
Car cleaning.....

I have a light, aluminium small step ladder for cleaning the roof of my car. Gift from Mother in Law :|

Seemed great until, one windy day, the aluminium step ladders were blown along like a paper bag and just missed my car by a whisker. I learned that I would in future always move the ladders well away from doing any harm when I had finished with them.

I share this so that none of us have this misery with our new F-Paces.

No charge!

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
I have a light, aluminium small step ladder for cleaning the roof of my car. Gift from Mother in Law :|

Arianne
Christmas sounds like a blast in your house! :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hydrajaws said:
I looked at the same set on E bay but put in an offer of £240 which was accepted and heard today that they are in the hands of Fedex and will arrive this week. I am sure that they will be fine as coming from China they will be a well made copy of the genuine Jaguar items so the next challenge will be fitting them!
That's typical of the price,too late now.Fitting should be interesting,have fitted a set with the pre cut sills to a RRS,so hopefully this will be as easy.Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
I think they really look well on the RRS but,more aggressive stance they give it I think.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Tommo said:
JLRnumber5 said:
I think they really look well on the RRS but,more aggressive stance they give it I think.
Agreed. Mine was an original RRS (2006 FE) and I think they looked great - but they were a total pain. Always getting dirty trousers. They just about served a purpose as the sill height and seat height of the RRS was relatively high. In the FP I found them just plain-in-the-way on the two demonstrators I drove. You step up onto them and then back down into the car, bumping your head on the way on the door frame. Unnatural and unnecessary. IMO of course :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Tommo, did you get your side steps fitted :?: whats your opinion on them fit and quality, any photos...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pacer said:
Hi Tommo, did you get your side steps fitted :?: whats your opinion on them fit and quality, any photos...
Yes got them on,paid the dealer to do for collection,about £150 for this(discounted!)because it did look a bit complicated,and instructions fairly poor.
They are very good quality,felt good&heavy&solid,couldn't fault them.
I think they look fine on the car,they don't offend it,but don't really do a whole lot for it either,not sure if I would bother again
If you are going to buy of eBay,the price is £350,but another guy on here bid I think £250&got them for that

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
i would see if your dealer has a car fitted with them, i have the deployable Jaguar original set, yes they cost a lot of money and i wish i did not have them, i only ever get them out to clean the center of the roof, i would recommend you see a car as i find they just get in the way.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
One isn't dented is it? :shock:

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
One isn't dented is it? :shock:
Yes i see what your seeing it does look like on the edge half way down there is a dent. :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts