Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many owners are experiencing problems with door and boot shut lines not sitting parallel and correct. my cars going in for the second time to get sorted
Problems are....1.drivers door at bottom out of line..2...rear drivers side door drops down 12MM when opening affecting the smooth shutting action..3....boot gap is 6mm out on one side parallel on the other and one side is 5 MM higher at roof line ( this will be a major fix) 4.....passenger rear door is out of line
No1 has been fixed but has returned. no2 just noticed past couple of days. No3.no attempt to fix it the first time it was in. No4 they managed to fix this.......if anybody has knowledge of where I stand to return vehicle it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I had one headlight flush to wing one recessed. Apparently the headlights are fixed so it was a body panel issue. Both headlights are now fractionally recessed and all joints are looking good!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only got boot one at moment this was AFTER it was fixed lol. Where it runs into roof one side is high and one low and it's off along the bottom edge as well My first jaguar and so far build quality no where near bmw/ Mercedes/Range Rover and even Peugeot when I had one of the first rcz. Car drives and looks great just want this sorted to move on but I don't want a £50000 car rebuilt Have tried to upload photo View attachment 87

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Kick hard fella!!! I take no prisoners when it comes to this kinda thing! Hence headlights are now sorted!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ro66ter said:
Only got boot one at moment this was AFTER it was fixed lol. Where it runs into roof one side is high and one low and it's off along the bottom edge as well My first jaguar and so far build quality no where near bmw/ Mercedes/Range Rover and even Peugeot when I had one of the first rcz. Car drives and looks great just want this sorted to move on but I don't want a £50000 car rebuilt Have tried to upload photo View attachment 87
Can you show us the other side of the boot so we can compare.

Either I was extremely lucky with mine off the production line or my dealer is shit hot and sorting such problems because mine hasn't a single shut line issue.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Powered tailgates can run out before you smug knobs start laughing!! My Evoque ran out very quickly and actually needed resprayed on boot due to wear only a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well if nothing else they match the shut lines on your drive.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
simonp820 said:
http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1156

STILL waiting on repair. Dealer tried but couldn't do it. They've sent a 'report' off to Jaguar - still waiting three weeks on from that :(
Does not take Jaguar 3 weeks to approve, I had a passenger front door alignment issue, the dealer took pictures on a Saturday morning and the car was in the body shop with Jaguar approval by a week Monday, I would be speaking the dealer and checking g that the pictures have been sent and if they have to get them to chase Jaguar as it does not take the time you have waited.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Oh it does!! I've been in a loaner for 13 days took a week to get JLRti accept headlight misalignmentand the query was raised prior to car going to dealer!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Oh it does!! I've been in a loaner for 13 days took a week to get JLRti accept headlight misalignmentand the query was raised prior to car going to dealer!!
Why should a dealer look approval to do the work and then do the fix, you aren't a customer of Jaguar YOU are THEIR customer who bought the car off THEM.

They can take all the photos they want and get in contact with Jaguar to approve payment later but DO the work that needs done right there and then.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Mine took 5 days, I would possibly say it's more down to the dealer than Jaguar why it takes longer with one dealer then another.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
luminated said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
Why should a dealer look approval to do the work and then do the fix, you aren't a customer of Jaguar YOU are THEIR customer who bought the car off THEM.

They can take all the photos they want and get in contact with Jaguar to approve payment later but DO the work that needs done right there and then.
100 percent agree also I read somewhere that someone stated that there dealer corrects miss alignment before giving the car to the customer so what do they do differently, they are not delivering miss alignment vehicles so why don't all dealers do the same I say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts