Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited numerous dealers across the south last weekend and gleaned the following:
Cars are allowed to be (should be) displayed in showrooms from 14th April.
Test drives will be available from 18th April.

Coincidentally, I saw three transporters full of F-Paces pull into Chieveley services. The drivers were very polite and patient with my questions and photo taking!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yeah where's the pics!!... 3 static transporters with F pace must of been quite a few colours trims and wheels? Would like your view on dealers and Taunton in particular if you spoke to Dean. Am going in on sat/ sun to see if something is on show or hiding out the back!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here but as far as I see, there is not much to gain from test driving a car you've already got your heart set on, unless you go into it thinking you'd seriously change your mind if you didn't like it (not very likely I'd imagine). That's why I'm going to resist all temptation to a test drive, and would rather wait til the big day itself when the keys to my own car are handed over. Kind of spoils it otherwise IMO.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ASM33 I really like the look of the F-Pace from pictures, seeing static display models in the metal and from reading about the car.

As things stand currently I probably won't want to replace my current car until next year. But that could change as I'm getting itchy feet already :twisted:

The F-Pace is top of my list currently but there are some buts - some of which a test drive will resolve. Also car purchases are a joint husband wife decision and we'll both drive it.

A test drive would address:
1. Is the car too big for our regular use.
2. Can we live with the visibility through the rear window.
3. Whether we both like driving the car.

It'll also help decide whether we really want to spend so much on a car LOL.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes it's very close.
I actually saw one at the dealers. They are hidden at the moment and not been driven but it's getting close.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Posted this on another thread , my dealership rang today to let me know cars on static display from Sunday 10th and test drives from saturday the 16th.

Seems my sales man has got a demo car to drive round in for a few days too the lucky ******* lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Contacted 4 dealerships earlier today.

All confirmed 2 showroom models this weekend with demo cars (some 1, some 2) next weekend. Clearly a countrywide arrangement.

As of this morning, none of the salespersons I spoke with knew exactly what models they were getting for either the showroom or demo cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jaguar stoke have a black with black pack + 20'" black alloys, privacy glass, pano roof - standard infotainment system - been and had a play this afternoon - it went in showroom at lunch time today . They have an s and a portfolio round the back if you pop around the showroom- black is gorgeous....

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, have confirmed with dealer that showroom car is a available from tomorrow, so am going in to see their R sport! Silver with black pack so I am told, he didn't want to talk about demos but let it slip that they are in the nearby compound..... But can only drive next weekend! Probably after this ups thing has been dealt with. Apparently I cannot get to speak to anyone as they are all fully booked with viewings all day, so that waiting list is getting longer by the hour!! Anyone else going car poking and prodding this weekend. I'll get pics in silver that I can swap for ammonite ones :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Called in Williams in Manchester today on way home they had just wheeled a gorgeous glacier white S with black pack and 22" black wheels they were just polishing it in readiness for tomorrow's unveiling let me have a look round but wouldn't let me take any pics, they also had a blue and a silver f paces in the compound at the back couldn't see what they were tho .

·
Registered
9 Posts
2 F-Paces have arrived at my local dealer this morning. Display only for now. Cannot be driven but I stopped by this evening just to look through the window. The designer should get an MBE in next years honours list. These cars look sick (apparently a slang word for cool).

·
Registered
948 Posts
Received an email today that my dealer has their F-Pace/s on display so will call in tomorrow and if I remember will take some photos.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts