Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's sort of Fpace related as I've got 2 months left to wait and thought I'd really like a f type convertible for the summer.
Anyone ever sorted a short term purchase / lease

I would imagine it's a road to spending quite a lot for not much really especially as I don't do any miles really,

Maybe getting a older cheaper car is a better route or just keeping my XF until ready

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Go out and buy a cheap <£4k XK8 there's a few on auto trader, so long as it has long MOT and actually drives ok it should last two months and then trade it in for the F-Pace... haggle hard and have pound notes (ok £50's) in your pocket .... you could have a great laugh for little risk. I was planning to do this except my F-Pace arrived in June not Sept/Oct as predicted!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad idea. Even a 12K model wont be losing me much.
I've got the XF to get rid of as well now which will get more than that

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So had quick look.
XK, XK8 and XKR look options around 8-13 K on whole

Any tips on the best one to look for . Supercharged 4.2 Imguess :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
So had quick look.

I had the 4.2 SC XKR ... go drive one ... so much fun .... gotta love that V8 rumble with an overtone of SC whine!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:
So had quick look.

I had the 4.2 SC XKR ... go drive one ... so much fun .... gotta love that V8 rumble with an overtone of SC whine!
Lol it's typical of me - look at 8K models nice and cheap then think we'll for a bit more .. Maybe a XKR 2001 etc then for a bit more a 2006 new model

Really liking a 2007 model XKR at the moment lol now into the 16 - 18 K Mark

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
So I sold my 2008 XKR 4.5 years ago for £21k ... wow that super low depreciation since huh?

Go drive one just for fun.

Turn the traction control off (take 30 seconds unfortunately) then bury the accelerator. Rear end squirms all over the place looking for traction and then OMFG :shock: :shock: :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
So I sold my 2008 XKR 4.5 years ago for £21k ... wow that super low depreciation since huh?

Go drive one just for fun.

Turn the traction control off (take 30 seconds unfortunately) then bury the accelerator. Rear end squirms all over the place looking for traction and then OMFG :shock: :shock: :lol: :eek:
Wow they have actually appreciated then if anything. In my auto trader search within 50 miles there isn't a 2008 XKR under about 22K
A few 2006 at around 17-18K but that's the lowest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts