Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go on to the Jaguar USA site and build an F-Pace S, now I wish I hadn't because here in the UK we pay through the nose BIG TIME. :x

When I specced an F-Pace S in Glacier White with Black Pack and 22" Black D/Helix alloys + Technology Pack the car came in at $65670 (£45573) at today's exchange rate. The same car here in the UK worked out at £58910 which is a difference of £13337. :eek:

Factor in the shipping cost along with everything else and it clear they are quite happy to take tiny profits for huge volume.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50Trevor said:
USA doesn't have 20% VAT also the price is probably without the State Tax in US .
The VAT on the one you specced would be £11782
OK they don't have the VAT but even if you factor in the State Tax it's still a sizable difference.

G

·
American cars are cheap in the US so European manufacturers need to be competitive...
And as stated above, you need to include the local Tax.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
50Trevor said:
Well 45572 + VAT we pay 11782 makes 56354 not that much of a difference.
Are you telling me Jaguar don't pay an import duty or an equivalent with every car they ship in?

Forget the VAT argument because it's not paid over there, bottom line is Jaguar like all European brands are willing to make less to sell more. I remember reading one time that FORD Europe kept the parent company afloat and I'm sure the same is true here, we are funding the competitive prices seen in the US on all brands.

It ain't right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The US price excludes State tax as pointed out earlier. It also excludes, destination and delivery fee, registration and title fees and road taxes (variable by state) and sometimes even pdi. Strip all that lot out of the UK price and on some models it could even be cheaper. Having said that, one would expect to pay more after shipping 4000 miles but it isn't so. On the other hand, dealerships in the US are usually bigger and move big volumes. Don't forget that the dealers don't have the silly UK real estate and business rates and consequently they receive a smaller gross margin than UK dealers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't get me started on the leasing rates. lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't forget Jaguar are also at the mercy of the exchange rate, say they sell a car at $50,000 which is about £35,000 at todays $/£ rate (1.43 $/£), if the rate goes up from 1.43 to 1.5 the UK price is about £33,300, so Jaguar lose £1700 on that car compared to before and they didn't change anything! If you had looked on the USA configurator at that rate, you would complain that the price is even cheaper!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try making the same spec in the Netherlands and you will feel much happier.

There is a luxuary tax there so typically on the road F-PACEs are doing for between 100-110,000 Euro or 78-87,000 GBP.

So the UK prices are not soo bad are they ........

Thankfully mine is discounted and tax free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.