Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's like having a car with dementia......but you love it so stick with it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inspired by the air inlet/ outlet grilles on the Evoque, which were purely a design feature, not actually a technical requirement to release heat. I thought the large expanse of bonnet on the F-Pace kind of needed a little relief, particularly since the black pack enhanced other areas of the car, so on went the dummy air vents, £35 for the pair, self adhesive after a clean of the paint with an alcohol wipe. I quite liked them so on they went. :lol: ;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
George Choo said:
Greetings from Singapore! It is certainly a great looking car! Could you share with us the kind of problems you have with this gorgeous creature? Thanks!
What I had previously posted: After first day and 70 miles ICTPro ( which had the latest software update issued 11th July) won't give me access to cameras, reverse camera does not initiate so I get 360 graphic parking sensor guidance only. It locked up CD won't play, tells me CD ERROR please clean and re-insert CD. I would if it would bloody eject it!!!!! Push eject and nothing........have to pull over lock up leave and return later. Pain in arse yes, fed up with it yes, done it everyday since Friday and I've only driven 148 miles. Dealer and Jag have been emailed will my point and case and we shall see where this goes. If you can put up with that everything else is awesome!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Inspired by the air inlet/ outlet grilles on the Evoque, which were purely a design feature, not actually a technical requirement to release heat. I thought the large expanse of bonnet on the F-Pace kind of needed a little relief, particularly since the black pack enhanced other areas of the car, so on went the dummy air vents, £35 for the pair, self adhesive after a clean of the paint with an alcohol wipe. I quite liked them so on they went. :lol: ;)
Hi Carl

On my evoque the metalwork is indented where the bonnet vent sits so it looks "integrated" .. since you've had to place them on slightly curved flat metal how has that worked out if you look closely? Do they sit proud at any point or do they meet the bonnet neatly all the way around?

Close up pic would be good.

Cheers

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi must say love the badges, where did you get them would like to replace my 2.0D with the R Sport badge and maybe a grill badge to... Sorry to say not so keen on the vents, they look ok on the darker paint work think they would look a bit naff on white with white showing through. nice car tho ...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh just an after thought my deaker said dont put metal caps on your Tyre Pressure monitoring air valves, they have had problems with corrosion seizing them on and damaging the valve when you try to undo with a pair of pliers, may i suggest you put a blob of Vaseline or copper slip grease inside the valve cap before such corrosion can occur.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I too have read other threads about corrosion occurring on metal dust caps and would avoid them if at all possible. Some folk have had a terrible time with them, even with crocodile nose pliers not doing the trick.

Maybe the Vaseline is an option but, to be honest, one can have too many Union Jacks on a car. Sometimes less is more? I love the rear flag, less sure about the side vent flags but I would drop the dust cap covers TBH.

Can I ask about the mood lighting? I am considering this because it's not expensive but I think is unique..... and it gets dark here a lot earlier in the winter in Scotland! But I am unsure about the strip along the glove box. Can it be turned off? Is it intrusive at night when driving? And, this is really cheeky, but would you be really amazing and maybe post some images of the mood lighting in some of your other colour choices! Sad, I know but that's me!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. That's the beauty of a community like this and I hope to reciprocate later.

Best wishes and enjoy, you clearly are!

Arianne

·
Registered
453 Posts
Arianne said:
I too have read other threads about corrosion occurring on metal dust caps and would avoid them if at all possible. Some folk have had a terrible time with them, even with crocodile nose pliers not doing the trick.

Maybe the Vaseline is an option but, to be honest, one can have too many Union Jacks on a car. Sometimes less is more? I love the rear flag, less sure about the side vent flags but I would drop the dust cap covers TBH.

Can I ask about the mood lighting? I am considering this because it's not expensive but I think is unique..... and it gets dark here a lot earlier in the winter in Scotland! But I am unsure about the strip along the glove box. Can it be turned off? Is it intrusive at night when driving? And, this is really cheeky, but would you be really amazing and maybe post some images of the mood lighting in some of your other colour choices! Sad, I know but that's me!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. That's the beauty of a community like this and I hope to reciprocate later.

Arianne
I have the standard set up lighting rather than the configurable ive had it in other cars and nearly always gone to the default setting of blue it matches the colour of the other switches and console lights so really not bothered about having pink yellow or red. there is enough glow inside the car from the standard coming from the sides and the cubby holes i can assure you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Arianne said:

Arianne
I have the standard set up lighting rather than the configurable ive had it in other cars and nearly always gone to the default setting of blue it matches the colour of the other switches and console lights so really not bothered about having pink yellow or red. there is enough glow inside the car from the standard coming from the sides and the cubby holes i can assure you.
I went with it at the moment not driven it when it is really dark enough to comment, I will tonight as late back from Switzerland to Heathrow and the get to the car at the station for 22:00 with an hours drive home so should have a view by tomorrow :D

You can adjust the intensity, from memory there are 4 brightness levels my son went for the lurid purple when in a underground carpark at the weekend, you also get light eminating from around the flat area with the cup holders and the gear selector, given you can select brightness it should be fine.

On the one time I have driven as dusk was well advanced I foundthe ICTP screen a little distracting but turned that off.

Update tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Russell said:
Corrosion is the least of the issues, the problem is that metal caps can cause issues with the tyre pressure monitoring system. Hence cars with TPMS always come with plastic valve caps.
I had to take metal caps off to replace them with the Black Union flags. Had the black Union flag caps on my Evoque for 2.5 yrs and never any issue with sticking corroding dust caps!

·
Registered
473 Posts
photos of ambient lighting from last night not quite dark when i took the photos below they were ay maximum level, four settings plus an off button, at the lowest level they are very subtle were as at maximum they are a little strident! so i think it was Catwoman who asked you can set it at a level that suits your requirements or mood I guess

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thank you folks, especially Gman for the images. Normally, I think I might have been too knackered after a business flight home to have taken the time to take some photos (I hate business flights because they're nearly always very early or late for obvious reasons). So, I really appreciate the replies and spirit of folk on this forum.

Arianne

1 - 20 of 20 Posts