Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the list (copy & pasted from my email to dealer) that mine has gone in for today:
Charging System Fault - warning lights, battery light and red triangle appeared (x2) - Jag assist said no problem found but was in the memory.
· TV and script screen overlapping each other so the TV was bleeding through the text screen, could not remove it.
· TV does not always come on when you stop
· ICTP slow to start from ignition blank screen for up to 10 minutes
· Front N/S parking sensor fails often - Jag assist said it keeps showing as offline
· Front parking sensors sometimes have a mind of their own giving different warnings even when vehicle is stationary.
· Rear parking sensors made terrible electronic static noise rather than beeping
· Rear camera does not always appear
· All round cameras often cannot be selected
· Phone locks up. Cannot make calls.
· Sign recognition does not always read sign speed correctly. Driving through Bedford I passed a 30mph sign and the sign recognition detected this as 70mph!!
· CD player freezes and stops playing
· CD can't eject
· CD tracks scroll round at rapid rate and fails to play
· CD's would fail to upload the whole CD
· CD tracks that would upload often skip or volume drops out
· ICTP screen shows image and titles of the CD that has been removed whilst playing the newly inserted CD
· Plastic Clip fallen out of passenger door
· Front o/s headlight has been pushed inwards trapping plastic film against wing, and there are yellow marks on bumper - as shown to you.

Plus replacement ripped door rubber after B-pillar rattle which incidentally is back.

Nice surprise thus morning though.....to know JLR head office also have a finger on the pulse....they called to check I had dropped my car at the dealer OK this morning, very kind of them. The young lady said she would call Marshalls Cambridge to check everything with my car was in hand........I said why would she do this and she said to make sure what was supposed to happen was going to happen!!! I mockingly said that won't do anything, and she assured me that all contact would help get a swifter resolution to my cars issues. I then asked how ringing Mashalls Cambridge would help when the car was at Lancaster Milton Keynes!!!??? Duh!! She had the email trails which had been sent to Lancaster Milton Keynes too!!! This doesn't look hopeful does it??? :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Initially they said 1 day, but I suggested it would be at least 2 days so urged them to change it to 2 days. Day one over and car still in. I also sent 11 video clips as evidence of the faults occurring. They can keep it all week if they want so long as it is sorted out. Here's hoping!! :?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
That's some work load for one day, I would have like you had thought it would be 3-4 days work unless they expect a software update is going to cure most of your list but that's a lot of faults to cover on a update.

Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello chap, called them at 16:20hrs asking for update.......They said they haven't seen Mike all afternoon, I'm guessing that's Mike and the mechanics?? Hahaha. But they would call me back in half an hour........it's now 17.24hrs, just over an hour and no call back, so assume a third or even fourth day is on the cards?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Hello chap, called them at 16:20hrs asking for update.......They said they haven't seen Mike all afternoon, I'm guessing that's Mike and the mechanics?? Hahaha. But they would call me back in half an hour........it's now 17.24hrs, just over an hour and no call back, so assume a third or even fourth day is on the cards?
That's great customer care, even a call just to say we have not found Mike lets you know they are at least keeping to promises of returning calls.

Did think on my earlier post that's a lot to do in one day.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Actually there's a few appropriate tracks ....

"Silent running"
"Taken in"
"Everyone gets a second chance"
"Nobody's perfect"

and of course "Another cup of coffee" :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: well I never received a call and never received an email......mildly disappointed! If I had a customer saying they would reject a £63k car if it isn't fixed U would at least keep him updated. Believe me I am no Diva expecting my shoes buffed and arse wiped, far from it!! But I expect a Service Manager to keep a customer informed when that customer had been very pleasent and tolerant to them with serious issues on a fairly expensive car!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
corriescar66 said:
Don't forget 'Another brick in the wall' or (I can't get no) Satisfaction :D
I was thinking, "Don't Treat Me Bad" by Firehouse. (Yes, one of those big hair bands from the 80s!) :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts