381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 87

Just missing a couple of items

- Dark Sapphire Blue
- 2 cylinders, 1000cc, 110bhp, 116 lb ft
- 4 inches of wheel diameter
- Style....

Still, credit to my dealer. It's not a cat but is mine until they eventually deliver the car I ordered eleven months ago, it's comfortable, economical and completely devoid of any driver engagement.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Paul, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but . . . . that's actually a Volvo on your drive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho', what gives? . . . where is your long, many-hours-of-configuration, agonised mind-changing and deliberated over Saffy-blue 3 litre JAGUAR F-Pace? :?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
catwoman said:
Paul, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but . . . . that's actually a Volvo on your drive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho', what gives? . . . where is your long, many-hours-of-configuration, agonised mind-changing and deliberated over Saffy-blue 3 litre JAGUAR F-Pace? :?
All of 30 miles away in Castle Bromwich after being built 4-weeks ago :evil:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Nice looking drive! Is that deer in the background?
Fairly brown sheep but I'll have a word with Farmer Mike, you may be onto something. Shropshire bred Venison Sausages :cool:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Paul i hope it gets to you soon, the plus side is its a great drive and you will be getting the new reg, lets hope Hatfields make the collection experience special....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so she actually has arrived!!

Hatfields just called to say it's at the dealer and I can collect on Friday!! :D

Car looks so good they have changed the spec of their next demo to match it (sounds like dealer twaddle!)

Sticking point, why after a one year wait would I want to collect it on Friday when I can delay 14 days and have a 66 registered car, private plate going on or not, hard though it is I've got to think resale!!

Sufficed to say I've told them to register it on Sept 1 and if they are that determined to have their Volvo back they can have it back!

I've agreed to take the handover on 30th Aug so they can then drive it down the road to the detailer on trade plates and hopefully two days later she's fully coated and ready for me to criticise the satin chrome rear valance. :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Great news Paul :D , will be interested on your thoughts post perfect polish

I did get the, yours is the best we have seen on pick up...... But they didn't say they would use as the demo :lol:

I saw a DSB 2d portfolio in Oswestry on Sunday and it looked very nice...

Am sure you will be very pleased..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And here she is...

https://video.citnow.com/vt0MPv1Lzj8 :D :cool:

Shame I wont be getting behind the wheel until 3rd September waiting for new reg and the detailer to ceramic coat. Patience... :roll:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
corriescar66 said:
PaulC said:
And here she is...

https://video.citnow.com/vt0MPv1Lzj8 :D :cool:

Shame I wont be getting behind the wheel until 3rd September waiting for new reg and the detailer to ceramic coat. Patience... :roll:
Looks great - nice to see a bit of chrome too!

Wish my dealer would be that proactive... Be lucky to get a a couple of photos! :D
The lack of information and pro-activity throughout the process is being displaced by the sheer joy of finally seeing my car. The dealer have really upped their game in the last couple of weeks, a direct contact to the Brand Manager at the dealer helps and in fairness many are hampered by Jaguar themselves.

The car looks superb to me, I just hope I can live with, nay embrace, the satin chrome rear valance. To cover it in shiny black will make the car disjointed next to the front and side chrome elements I think. I wish it wasn't quite so big! Only time will tell....and I can always park facing forwards!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have seen a DSB S version at my dealer with the rear valance / skid plate in satin rather than gloss black pack. And I thought it looked very good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I thought it looked great. Why would you want to pay extra to instal the black pack so that it looks almost identical to the R-Sport? The satin rear end says.... "I am an S model with a 3.0 V6 and blistering performance - so now you know that there's no need for me to bother with a drag race off the line, respect!". That's how my Son manages teenagers & twenty somethings when they pull up behind him in his Audi TT. He just lets the car do the talking as they whizz past in their customised ancient Subaru Impreza.

As I drove home from the dealership I saw my very first F-Pace on the road and so chose to follow it for a couple of miles. It was a prestige model in DSB and it was okay, but somewhat understated. Both front and back. I overtook it and noticed that this model doesn't come with the Jblade DRL which made the front less eye catching.

Stick with your beautiful car as it is. And please, please post pics which include the rear end :)

Arianne

·
Registered
688 Posts
The split twin exhausts shout out "I'm an S!" louder to me than the colour of the valance.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
jinjin said:
The split twin exhausts shout out "I'm an S!" louder to me than the colour of the valance.
My 2.0d 4cyl Volvo XC60 has split exhaust pipes as does almost all SUVs these days. You are right but I believe the satin skid plate helps. Each to their own, but I am a fan! Even if it does bear a similarity with the Vauxhall Mokka! :roll:

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
We are at a level of detail only an enthusiast/forum member would know, the rest of the world will have no clue other than "oo I like/don't like it with the bigger wheels!"

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
F-Pace S said:
We are at a level of detail only an enthusiast/forum member would know, the rest of the world will have no clue other than "oo I like/don't like it with the bigger wheels!"
Points absolutely agreed with. The ''S' satin silver rear valance is 'Mocca/Quasqai-esque', the 4-cyl Volvo XC60 R-Sport does indeed have aggressive looking separate twin exhausts that do not bely it's merely adequate performance (albeit the one I'm driving also has 18's and just looks a little odd!), increasingly I'm seeing separate exhausts on the most mundane-engine'd of cars. Indeed, the majority of people won't know spec what they are looking at anyway and just notice the 22" wheels!

Whilst the standard S-spec satin chrome does to me go a little wrong at the rear here's how I intend to live with it....

- Dark Sapphire Blue would lose the black pack against the colour and could look a little too 'Gangsta' for my 41-year old horticulturalist, parent-of-one status
- Having the rear valance alone wrapped in shiny black could make the car look a disjointed
- Jaguars to me should be about luxury, class and sophistication blended with an undercurrent of power and aggression. I think the classic Jag DSB colour coupled with the chrome to accentuate the large front air intakes on my car nail it
- The satin chrome elements of the 'S' are Mr Callum's original design, see First Edition - he doesn't get much wrong so, as mentioned earlier, why buy one and then cover-up those elements to make it look like the majority of other F-Paces on the road when in the case of DSB they actually compliment the paint colour (not the case with the majority of the other colours available - Ammonite, IRR, Rhodium, whites without black pack would not have worked for me)

Typing this was like therapy. Bring on 3rd September!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts