Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been reading the manual and seem to be struggling to find some options on my car.

Firstly Parking Aid.

When I am driving into my driveway I press the parking aid button on the touch screen, it flashes orange then goes off again. Sometimes it stays orange but still doesnt alert me to objects in the way.

In the manual it says:

The parking aid system can be set to activate automatically, when the vehicle's speed falls below 16 km/h (10 mph). Or the system can be activated automatically when Drive (D) is selected with an automatic transmission.

To enable the auto on feature, on the touch screen select, the Settings icon to access the parking aid settings pop-up menu. Select Automatic PDC ON.
When I go into my settings the only option is about trajectory lines, does anyone see the "Automatic PDC ON" option?

Secondly, Dippin mirror in reverse:

The Manual states:

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING

Selecting Reverse (R) gear causes the passenger's door mirror to automatically adjust, providing an improved viewing angle for reversing.

The dipped position of the mirror is a preset position. In R, the mirror can be adjusted, but the new position cannot be saved.

NOTES
The preset dipped position of the mirror cannot be altered.

When the gear selector is moved out of R, or if the vehicle's speed exceeds 12 km/h (7.5 mph) while reversing, the mirror returns to its previous position.

Reverse-dip Mirror can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Settings menu. See INSTRUMENT PANEL MENU.
In reverse my mirror does not move and I do not have the Reverse Dip option on my vehicle settings menu either.

Anyone else with a First Edition able to check if these features are working on their cars or has the FE somehow been shipped without what looks like standard features?

Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I have exactly the same issues with my car, Plus mine freezes on phone & Audio, there is a dealer campaign for the Incontrol Touch Pro system, which will resolve the problem.

Slightly concerning is the absence of the dipping mirror function & pre setting the front parking aids to remain permanently on at speeds below 10 MPH.

my car is booked in for this Wednesday, I hope I can get everything resolved. If you find a solution to the mirror and front parking sensors please let me know. My email is: [email protected]

G

·
What I understood for the dipping mirror function is that it has to be enabled by your dealer.
Then they set a position that can't be altered.
I will certainly ask for this next time I go to my dealer.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My dealer states the rear view dip is configured using the menu button on the left of the steering wheel in the config options in the menu's you access via that button?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were told the same as SonicPace when inspecting an FE waiting for collection at our local retailer. No dipping function for mirrors unless a memory pack is fitted.
Sorry!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts