Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi newbie here, I have used the forums quite a lot to find answers to my questions but this one isn't covered anywhere from what I can see.

My F Pace was registered in July 2018 it's the 2018 model 2.5t petrol and I adore her

I have had her serviced via a service plan last done June 2021 - I have done 44k miles and the service due soon message has been showing. the main delaer rang to get me to book in my MOT and I mentioned the service and they said it wasn't due as the interval is 2 years or at least 51k miles

Has anyone had the same issue and what happened? thanks so much in advance
Nicola

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes JLR is definitely 2 years or 16000 miles for diesel . But my petrol svr is 16000 miles or 12 months
So yours been a petrol should be 12 monthly’s also but the ingenium engines I think could be 2 years . You could try a chat on the jag website they will confirm it for you

·
Registered
176 Posts
My ‘21 P250 is 2 years or 21k miles.

·
Registered
753 Posts
For the diesel the service interval UP TO 2 yrs or 21kmiles - 1yr or 16k miles for the V6
depending on driving conditions the car will most likely ask for service earlier, often half that milage, a lot of short journeys causes fuel dilution of oil
Service the car when it asks for one

Reactions: cutlea01

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ignore what the dealer is saying, he's an idiot, as they mostly are. The engine systems are self diagnostic and you'll see the distance/interval to next service dropping if you checked it, until it says on the dash, service due. So if you believed the dealer and ignored the car, the engine goes bang, is the dealer going to fix for free? No, of course not. The 6 cylinder V6 petrol 2018 model requires an annual service in any case, irrespective of miles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm a great believer in an annual oil & filter change v the cost of an engine failure. I had a Discovery Sport diesel and agreed with LR for a 12 month oil change on the Service Plan despite the 'official' 21k 24 month service interval. Diesels especially are prone to oil dilution problems. I cut my teeth on cars with a 3 month, 3k miles service interval so a yearly oil change is a no brainer. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi newbie here, I have used the forums quite a lot to find answers to my questions but this one isn't covered anywhere from what I can see.

My F Pace was registered in July 2018 it's the 2018 model 2.5t petrol and I adore her

I have had her serviced via a service plan last done June 2021 - I have done 44k miles and the service due soon message has been showing. the main delaer rang to get me to book in my MOT and I mentioned the service and they said it wasn't due as the interval is 2 years or at least 51k miles

Has anyone had the same issue and what happened? thanks so much in advance
Nicola
[/QUO It is badged 25T, short for 250ps , but the comments about having it serviced when the warning comes on are correct as somewhere in the owners manual will say that the oil change mileages are only indicative. How many miles since the last service and what sort of driving? Long motorway drives at legal speeds are good, and lots of short journeys so the oil doesn't warm up and sludge forms, are worse than very high speed where the oil gets very hot and starts to degrade!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts