Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I change my cars often so it's not going to benefit me. I had it on the Range Rover sport I just sold and didn't really add much to sale value, just meant I could shift it privately with full coverage in terms of servicing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My dealer advised me to not buy it ...... At 22,000 mile intervals and anticipated length of ownership 4-years then cheaper to go direct with dealer as and when required.

·
Registered
154 Posts
AndyS said:
My dealer advised me to not buy it ...... At 22,000 mile intervals and anticipated length of ownership 4-years then cheaper to go direct with dealer as and when required.
AndyS - not sure what engine your going for but I believe Jaguar extended the service interval to 21k for ingenuim engines (2ltr) but it will remain the same for the 3ltr diesel which I believe is 16k per year

What isn't clear will it be 1 or 2 year service intervals? Looking at several forums it seems some are saying 2 years and others 1 year.

At yearly service intervals the service pack looks ok if you plan to get 3 services from it. At 2 year service intevals it looks expensive.

Jaguar have always been very old school with service intervals i.e. xx miles per year or 12 months which ever comes first.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That was another box I ticked... Maybe look into it a bit more if it is deafo mileage dependant as we have the service packs on our RR Evoques but they insist on every year but had mine nearly 3 years and has 25 k only on the clock. Maybe free up some cash for something else... Huummm, where's that brochure?

·
Registered
453 Posts
According to my dealer, if you buy the service pack you get free Adblue top ups for the ownership of the vehicle, not sure how much Adblue costs or how much you go through per mile etc, but i do know the tank holds approx 17 liters, may be worth looking in to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
From the Jaguar XF website:

•Service intervals are 21,000 miles or 24 months whichever is sooner, and therefore the plans will last either 5 year/50,000 miles or 5 years/75,000 miles. Service intervals are 16,000 miles or 12months on 3.0L Diesel and 3.0L Petrol.

On the assumption that the F-Pace is the same, with the 3.0L Diesel the £699 5 year service plan is a no-brainer for me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well just seen that the F Pace ingenium uses 1 litre every 420 miles so 17 litres 7140 miles, depending on driving style im guessing 3 litre engine less miles per litre. so free Adblue not a bad thing

im going with service pack

·
Registered
302 Posts
If we are correct about the AdBlue top-ups being FOC then does make it appealing .....

I also forgot that my original spec was a 2.0 R-Sport when the dealer said 'don't bother with the Service Pack ..... then after playing in the 'sweetie shop' for a few weeks and getting to a silly 'extras' value I took plunge for the 3.0D S ..... plus 'extras' !!!!! The longer we all seem to wait the more we appear to spend!

·
Registered
453 Posts
My dealership said free Adblue top ups , I think it was with the service pack but it was that long ago I ordered might have been just the dealership offering as part of their deal maybe worth checking with your dealer or blagging that other dealers are offering it

·
Registered
922 Posts
I can confirm that I was told "free ad blue top ups with the service plan"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Apparently you can get a free top up of ad blue at any JLR dealer during the service plan time. It does not have to be when the car is serviced

·
Registered
66 Posts
Information from JLR Regional Service Manager (not the dealer) this week re the service plan for the 25T. It is still not available but JLR hope to issue a bulletin about it this week. It is expected to be similar to the three litre plan, and those who think they have got a plan for the 25T have probably been sold this one. In view of the delay in making the plan available, the 90 day rule applicable to the period after delivery when it can be purchased will not apply. Straight from the horse's mouth.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For those interested, I received a call today to say that the service package for the 25T is now available. £779 for 5 services. I have bought it. Car is now 12 weeks old, 2,700 miles and running perfectly. No snags or faults. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and don't miss the diesel.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
coleighf said:
For those interested, I received a call today to say that the service package for the 25T is now available. £779 for 5 services. I have bought it. Car is now 12 weeks old, 2,700 miles and running perfectly. No snags or faults. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and don't miss the diesel.
Great news for you 25T guys, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts