Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got around to sorting out the pile of FP related paper work last night and noticed I didn't have a a service history record sheet/book anywhere?

In my past cars, the record of services was a part of the 'binder' which contained the manual etc.. how does it work for Jag?

·
Registered
43 Posts
None for me either now you mention it.

Nor as an aside, anything about the breakdown cover - with my Volvo you got a care package that kindly paid for 1st class train tickets when my car broke down or a hire car. I cannot see anything with the car or on the web site that sets out the Jaguar F Pace equivalent (in terms of benefits not how to contact them which the car does by magic !).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure I had some 'jaguar protect' info (plastic card). Will check this evening

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaulB said:
There is no service history book anymore. The data is stored on the car's memory. It is explained in the handbook.
cheers Paul, I'll check that out

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
PaulB said:
There is no service history book anymore. The data is stored on the car's memory. It is explained in the handbook.
So how do you prove to a seller you have a full service history and it was done at a main dealer?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
details on the online service history here:

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T30725/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1896047

details stored online and you can get a printout from Jag with the details when needed:

"The OSH will record every scheduled service event, and will include all those items that need to be inspected, or replaced, over extended periods.

It is important to keep to the recommended service intervals to help protect the on-going validity of the Manufacturer's Warranty. An up-to-date OSH will provide the necessary 'proof of service' should any warranty work be required.

After each scheduled and extended service visit, the retailer/authorised repairer will update the OSH for the vehicle. You will also be provided with a printed copy of the complete record, as proof that the required service has been performed.

As the OSH is securely stored for the life of your vehicle, it can be viewed online, at anytime. It helps to enhance your vehicle's resale value and each subsequent owner will be able to obtain a service history they can trust. Any retailer/authorised repairer can produce an up-to-date OSH printout for the vehicle, the printout also contains details of how to register and view the vehicle's OSH."

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
jinjin said:
details on the online service history here:

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T30725/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1896047

details stored online and you can get a printout from Jag with the details when needed:

"The OSH will record every scheduled service event, and will include all those items that need to be inspected, or replaced, over extended periods.

It is important to keep to the recommended service intervals to help protect the on-going validity of the Manufacturer's Warranty. An up-to-date OSH will provide the necessary 'proof of service' should any warranty work be required.

After each scheduled and extended service visit, the retailer/authorised repairer will update the OSH for the vehicle. You will also be provided with a printed copy of the complete record, as proof that the required service has been performed.

As the OSH is securely stored for the life of your vehicle, it can be viewed online, at anytime. It helps to enhance your vehicle's resale value and each subsequent owner will be able to obtain a service history they can trust. Any retailer/authorised repairer can produce an up-to-date OSH printout for the vehicle, the printout also contains details of how to register and view the vehicle's OSH."
So to continue your service history you have to have the car services at a Jaguar approved dealer, thats one way of keeping it in house and stopping others who have the capability to carry out the servicing from registering the work, still i have a 5 year plan and then if i have the car that time i will move it on with a Jaguar service.

I feel others may not be so lucky.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Doesn't have to be a main dealer as long as they are jag approved. I've used independents for a few years now and let's face it you do want to use someone who has been through a JLR approval process.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Doesn't have to be a main dealer as long as they are jag approved. I've used independents for a few years now and let's face it you do want to use someone who has been through a JLR approval process.
Totally agree but some people keep there cars for many years and may find the alternatives cheaper for the work they carry out on services.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Totally agree but some people keep there cars for many years and may find the alternatives cheaper for the work they carry out on services.
Given the standard of service I've received so far (they cannot adjust wash jets????) I'd like to select someone else when the warranty runs out and still have a decent record. Keeping all paper records just in case!

Have you all noticed there is a licence on the satnav screen that expires on the 3rd anniversary of the car.... not sure exactly what that means, it stops? or doesn't update anymore?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Given the standard of service I've received so far (they cannot adjust wash jets????) I'd like to select someone else when the warranty runs out and still have a decent record. Keeping all paper records just in case!

Have you all noticed there is a licence on the satnav screen that expires on the 3rd anniversary of the car.... not sure exactly what that means, it stops? or doesn't update anymore?
No but i would not be at all surprised if they drop the bomb shell of saying you only get 3 years when you buy the car and then have to pay again in 3 years time.

Would be more surprised if they said anything else as it just seems to be one thing after another at present.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nothing stopping you keeping all the paperwork, receipts etc from non jag approved places.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:

I suspect like most software we get a period of free updates then we have to pay beyond that.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Waynem said:
:eek: :? :shock: You don't get anymore for it in the end ,,,that's for sure :roll:
Maybe or maybe not but i know when i traded in my Evoque the dealer liked the fact it had a stamped up book and showed it was serviced by a main dealer, if i do not have the book how does a non Jaguar dealer see the service record?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WBAC implied they'd have offered less at trade in with them if I did not have a fully stamped service history. Doubt it would have been a massive difference though

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
PaulB said:
So how do you prove to a seller you have a full service history and it was done at a main dealer?
Is this not the same with Germanic brands now as well? My 2013 BMW had a stored service history you could show someone, but no stamped book, same as we have no tax disc now either

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Jagfpacejk said:
PaulB said:
Is this not the same with Germanic brands now as well? My 2013 BMW had a stored service history you could show someone, but no stamped book, same as we have no tax disc now either
My 2011 Audi had a book that was serviced stamped until 2014

Where can you see the service history>

1 - 20 of 43 Posts