Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been told my black FE be ready mid July. Dealer asked if I wanted to wait to collect till September to get the new redistratiin, what's that all about ? Also I see some people had some missing stuff on their FE's so wondered if I asked in advance that they add on the stuff if it will help ? What in short was missing from the brochure spec anyone ? Ta

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Stupid question.......???????

FE = First Edition?! The Caesium Blue, fixed spec? Why are people A:still waiting for FE and B: think they are able to order in other colours??? The FE was and is Caesium Blue fixed spec? 2000 cars world wide 250 for UK market.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Jaguar released an additional 100 FE's, available in either Silver, Black or Gold.

We tend to refer to these as 'second editions', as they were built after the first editions - but other than the colour they are identical in specification as the Caesium Blue cars.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SonicPace said:
Jaguar released an additional 100 FE's, available in either Silver, Black or Gold.

We tend to refer to these as 'second editions', as they were built after the first editions - but other than the colour they are identical in specification as the Caesium Blue cars.
Reality is that these are actually rarer than the Caesium Blue ones ! ..... However nit bought for this fact but because it made sense to! - Pick-Up tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It's not an FE??? Is an after thought from the spares bin? I'd rather buy an exclusive spec albeit 2.0 litre.... Having a massive spec is more important to me whilst doing 50mph average Speed camera next to a Ceasium Blue low spec FE!! My car was bought with lifestyle not being mugged for FE.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
It's not an FE??? Is an after thought from the spares bin? I'd rather buy an exclusive spec albeit 2.0 litre.... Having a massive spec is more important to me whilst doing 50mph average Speed camera next to a Ceasium Blue low spec FE!! My car was bought with lifestyle not being mugged for FE.
Bet you lose that big grin at resale time ;-)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Not the spec I have! £22k of useful options rather than hollow marketing of a second place FE! Or SPFE? I'm thinking of keeping this car 5 yrs so resale will be insignificant, it's not leased it's not HP its bought cash so it's cost is once again minimused to nett cost. ;) ;) :lol:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ldnsurf said:
Was it an additional 100 in each extra colour in the uk or worldwide ? Will a September plate make much diff ? Don't want to wait an extra 6 weeks really.
It was a single batch of 100 cars for the UK only with option of colour choice of (Black, Silver or Gold).....

·
Registered
539 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Not the spec I have! £22k of useful options rather than hollow marketing of a second place FE! Or SPFE? I'm thinking of keeping this car 5 yrs so resale will be insignificant, it's not leased it's not HP its bought cash so it's cost is once again minimused to nett cost. ;) ;) :lol:
I'm going to predict that you actually use the TV in your car less than 10 times in the 5 years you have the car :D

I used to have it in the Evoque. Pointless. You either struggle for signal or you're moving in which case you can't watch it.

Unless you have a particular use case for having it I'd highly recommend unticking that box and saving the cash!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
SonicPace said:
CarlFRZ434 said:
I'm going to predict that you actually use the TV in your car less than 10 days in the 5 years you have the car :D

I used to have it in the Evoque. Pointless. You either struggle for signal or you're moving in which case you can't watch it.

Unless you have a particular use case for having it I'd highly recommend unticking that box and saving the cash!
Good subject ... "stuff I don't use in my RRE" .....

1. Dual view / passenger headphones
2. TV (for reasons stated above)
3. Four of the five cameras (to many clicks on the painfully slow touch screen to press)
4. Self-park (well I do when I want to show off / scare the kids)
5. Voice command (it's rubbish)
6. High beam assist (always about 0.5 second too late)

I reckon that's about £3-4k worth :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
7. Lane assist (this may be standard actually), I've turned this off on my FE - I cannot see the point of it at all. It's too sensitive and vibrates when you're doing harmless things like merging between lanes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Could you please list all you have added to your FP, if you have indeed added this amount of extras you WILL have a big hit come resale..... whether it's as much as the total amount you've forked out I very much doubt but it will be quite epic which is why I think being smug towards fellow FP FE owners will ultimately backfire on you. ;)

Extras should always be treated as a throw away cost item which is why I try and keep mine to only the things I personally couldn't live without.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
In principle I agree extras never get valued much at resale, but they do make a car more sellable. Therefore you can make a better deal because the car with more options is going to move off a forecourt faster than one without so a dealer is more likely to want it.

First editions are a fad, some people love them others don't care. I would expect the FE models to hold their prices marginally higher for a short while but then with the rest of the Jaguar range they go south quickly. Maybe in 10 years time they might hold up, but at that time they may be penalised by emissions or legislation etc so much that they are just not viable, who knows what governments can do?

I think anyone buying a car of this type just has to accept depreciation as the cost of enjoying cars. If we want a device to go from A to B then the cheapest econo box will do and the cheapest 4x4 for the famer types out there! Jaguars, Mercs, Porsche's are not sensible in the final analysis, not with your own cash anyway, but who cares about sensible, live a little! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts