Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
perhaps a Quartzite F-Pace isn't quite as exclusive as a recent thread suggested. I parked mine in a hotel car park last night and woke up to find it had cloned itself!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spot the difference :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That is great, just what i would do if i saw one!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The privacy glass?

·
Registered
441 Posts
The two tone shade of paint between the back door and the rear panel. LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
The two tone shade of paint between the back door and the rear panel. LOL
Yes, I noticed that too . . thought it might just be a trick of the light, from the angle the photo was taken, but the thing is, it's no good for playing 'spot the difference', because it actually looks the same on both of them in that pic . . . (sorry Growler, I hope your car doesn't really have two different shades of quartzite!!) . . . :shock: :? ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Okay, not that I am competitive or anything.....

..... but is it the white shirt hanging in the rear window of the first f-pace? I haven't scrutinised any of the demonstrators we've test driven that closely but I guess there must be a little hook just above the rear doors for hard-core sales folk to hang their jackets and shirts up when travelling on long overnight trips to clients.

There's a whole story to be had just from this one picture if we try hard enough!

Arianne

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The privacy glass & the rims was about the only differences I could spot (plus my Chinese steering wheel trim additions).

Have to say I am happy with my rim choice. The lack of privacy glass (mine) was a concession to the kids who didn't like the privacy glass in my XF as it is quite a heavy tint and they complained "it always makes the weather look worse than it really is". I have to say, I always like to do a quick rearward glance when changing lanes on the motorway, and not having the privacy glass make that easier.

I normally have a few shirts hanging from the rear grab handles!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Growler said:
The privacy glass & the rims was about the only differences I could spot (plus my Chinese steering wheel trim additions).

Have to say I am happy with my rim choice. The lack of privacy glass (mine) was a concession to the kids who didn't like the privacy glass in my XF as it is quite a heavy tint and they complained "it always makes the weather look worse than it really is". I have to say, I always like to do a quick rearward glance when changing lanes on the motorway, and not having the privacy glass make that easier.

I normally have a few shirts hanging from the rear grab handles!
Tyres are different, he has Continentals winter tyres, you still have your summer tyres on :lol:

G

·
Also on the spot the difference, one car has a standard size number plate on the back, the other has the big (fill the gap) plate like I have.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rsport_paul said:
Is it me, or does the only way to get out those spaces seem to be to "mount" the kerb and drive straight on to the road!
Picture is deceptive due to the height (3rd floor) it is taken from. That "kerb" in front of the car is a 2ft wall, so certainly not going to go over that - even in an F-Pace.

There is actually plenty of room to reverse out of the space and then you drive round behind the cars to the car park exit.

Incidentally, gave the car a good wash this weekend and tried to see if there really was a difference between colour on rear door and rear panel as evident in both F-Paces on this photo. Certainly nothing that is visible to the naked eye - must be some metamerism issue picked up by the camera.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^^ I wondered about the paintwork but thought it might be down to the slightly different temperature of the different body panels and the condensation that then built up on them? I didn't think it was an issue with paint tone.

Fun thread, thanks for posting it :)

Arianne

·
Registered
307 Posts
New game.

What's in the boot :)

Yours looks lower than our mystery friend

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Arianne said:
^^ I wondered about the paintwork but thought it might be down to the slightly different temperature of the different body panels and the condensation that then built up on them? I didn't think it was an issue with paint tone.

Fun thread, thanks for posting it :)

Arianne
Good point, doors are steel, body aluminium... would make for a surface temperature difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts