Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a general question really about how should a seating position be set. Its not something I've really had to think about before as you get in you set a position you feel comfortable with and have decent back support and you drive. maybe adjust if legs feel a bit strained but generally thats it. Easy.

The Fpace so far is causing me a lot of problems and I think maybe its the seats / offset of the accelerator to the right.

Initially I set the seats really low - easy rider style, steering pulled towards me - (I'm 5ft 8 ex front row rugby player with tight hamstrings :)
Felt great - Super comfy no problems with right leg which I suffer from the most. Did a few days of driving and 600 miles and for a week after I had very tight IB muscles - outside of knee and hip and was very uncomfortable and took lots of stretching to stop it clicking and waking me up at night.
This can be caused by back issues though my back felt fine.

So I set a traditional seat - Higher up - 4 fingers between knee and edge of seat, lumbar into lower back etc but no matter what just doesn't feel right.
Did a 2 hr drive yesterday and its been aching all day and last night. That right leg seems to be an angle that isn't working.

Any tips appreciated as this is the first time I'm really struggling to find the right position though seats are great and nicely firm. Maybe I do just need get some general stretches in as I've been injured and probably retired from playing for over a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had similar problems with seating to the point I started looking at other options and selling my FP after just 5,000.

For me though it's my left leg and after long journeys I get an ache at my knee, the top outside of my thigh and butt. I never had any problems in my Evoque previously so not sure if it's down to the angle of the foot rest or something, I've tried the seat in every position.

Trouble is I had some cartilage trimmed on my left knee the week before I picked my FP up so it could just be a result of the Operation. I'm persevering for now but thinking of hiring a different auto for a week to see if its me or the car.

Be interesting to see if anyone else has been experiencing problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
It always takes me multiple plays with the seating before I find the sweet spot, at present I have the front bottom up and the rear bottom down and then a slight rear recline and the seat in a comfortable distance that my arms and legs are slightly bent, it's a sort of F1 style seating position.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
It always takes me multiple plays with the seating before I find the sweet spot, at present I have the front bottom up and the rear bottom down and then a slight rear recline and the seat in a comfortable distance that my arms and legs are slightly bent, it's a sort of F1 style seating position.
And I thought this may be a ridiculous post but maybe not. Good to know somebody else is having problems so St not unique.
On the seating position. That's exactly how I did it first time. Rear down, front up, slight incline - felt very comfortable but the week of discomfort after I changed it up.
I think it's back to F1 style but add in more lumbar support as I think possibly it was caused by the back pulling on the IB muscles along outside of hip and knee.

Nice one cheers guys.
Do you have right heel just about under brake or heel in between brake and accelerator ? Just interested,

Thanks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still really struggling. Tried setting as "expert textbook" would and 40 miles each way really uncomfortable and hurt.

Anyone got pictures of side profile to see angles.
I've got tight hamstrings and those muscles running outside and under the knee. Seats really aggravating the right hand leg.
Left leg fine as it isn't extending.

If I can't sort this I honestly may have to sell which is ridiculous. Nevertheless had an issue like this on about 20 cars.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I also adopt the seat to a slight recline, set low, with the base lower at the back than the front, and I am told most important is having the front squab extended right out under your knees. 5'7" here

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
F-Pace S said:
I also adopt the seat to a slight recline, set low, with the base lower at the back than the front, and I am told most important is having the front squab extended right out under your knees. 5'7" here
Same here, rear of base of seat at lowest position, front base of seat up at highest and then adjust to suit arm and leg length.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F-Pace S said:
Maybe that's the problem the squab extension. I've only got the 10way seats so assume the 14 is needed for that ?
I'm only 5ft 8 - and an ex rugby prop so can guess build and stature
Thought it was pretty flat but I did adjust and put some lift on it today. I'm changing positions every few days it seems

For reference

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh ok so another who puts base right down and front up. Initially I did that and actually was comfortable but it screwed my pelvis and back - took two weeks to sort but interesting as that feels right to me.

I did the set as high as you can like they say you should but it felt wrong, car felt bouncier and I hit my head getting in lol

Back to low easy rider

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Due to creasing and slightly poor fit of leather I am getting the foam and leather replaced but I find that right corner where the line is before side bolster pretty uncomfortable digging into underside of right side knee.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
F-Pace S said:
Maybe that's the problem the squab extension. I've only got the 10way seats so assume the 14 is needed for that ?
Thought it was pretty flat but I did adjust and put some lift on it today. I'm changing positions every few days it seems

For reference
Only got 10 way on mine and can adjust the bottom front and back and up and down at front and back of base of seat?

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T19949/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1893372

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am afraid the extendable squab is 14 way, I did get that info from my Dad's chiropractor, hence speccing the 14 way. Strangely that is another thing that BMW include as standard in their sports seats, which appeared as an expensive option on the Jag, it doesn't NEED to be electric :roll:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:
F-Pace S said:

For reference
Only got 10 way on mine and can adjust the bottom front and back and up and down at front and back of base of seat?

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T19949/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1893372
We are referring to actually extending the seat base under your knees, as opposed to moving the whole seat forward and aft, which is 14wy vs 10y, as well as bolsters and back support.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
My RRE was very comfy but felt squab was short so ordered the 14 way. Yes that is so snug now 5'11&3/4" :lol: :lol: maybe I was lucky finding the sweet spot, shortest journeys 5-10 miles longest 184 miles to my brothers to drop if parents half hour break, then 184 mikes home and fresh as a daisy. Despite my ICTP issues the seating positions and comfort has been PERFECT!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Mbadger77 said:

We are referring to actually extending the seat base under your knees, as opposed to moving the whole seat forward and aft, which is 14wy vs 10y, as well as bolsters and back support.
No i am talking about the seat base going up and down at the front and back and then the whole seat moving forward and back, the 10 way does not get the base only movement.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And the 14way was only a £450 updgrade. Just one of those things I didn't think of as important. The XF was super comfortable even after 500 miles. The test drive was fine. Nice firm felt comfortable but after 30 mins or more it's not

I wonder if they can be fitted afterwards. Probably not and not at a reasonable price. I have cooled climate seats as well to add to it.

I'll ask the dealer on Monday and maybe try another config see if I can get it sorted.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Have you tried cooling?? Quite a few complaints how noisy they are!! Hear the pump/ fan above 20 on the 825 watts audio!!! That's fairly loud!! :(

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
And the 14way was only a £450 updgrade. Just one of those things I didn't think of as important. The XF was super comfortable even after 500 miles. The test drive was fine. Nice firm felt comfortable but after 30 mins or more it's not

I wonder if they can be fitted afterwards. Probably not and not at a reasonable price. I have cooled climate seats as well to add to it.

I'll ask the dealer on Monday and maybe try another config see if I can get it sorted.
Can not fit afterwards, it has more buttons on side adjustment and more seat motors.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey MB. As I'm local to you let me know if you want to try out the 14 way seats. I will happily experiment with you fuel consumption whilst you are getting comfy in my diesel :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Have you tried cooling?? Quite a few complaints how noisy they are!! Hear the pump/ fan above 20 on the 825 watts audio!!! That's fairly loud!! :(
Yes run cooling a fair bit and not heard anything at all. Haven't had it on 3 yet but not heard or noticed with radio off.
I'll check but all good I think

1 - 20 of 22 Posts