Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day!!

I recently purchased my 2017 F-Pace S and delivery was in late September. The vehicle really looks sharp and even though I have not driven it much I currently have one major issue/concern at this point. I have preset all of my preferred channels on the FM dial and on Sirrius/XM - who wants to go through each individual station?? When I go to use the steering wheel options to go from preset to preset it does not work. The steering wheel options goes to the next channel not to my presets. Please tell me that basic feature is possible.

·
Registered
207 Posts
T0118 said:
Good day!!

I recently purchased my 2017 F-Pace S and delivery was in late September. The vehicle really looks sharp and even though I have not driven it much I currently have one major issue/concern at this point. I have preset all of my preferred channels on the FM dial and on Sirrius/XM - who wants to go through each individual station?? When I go to use the steering wheel options to go from preset to preset it does not work. The steering wheel options goes to the next channel not to my presets. Please tell me that basic feature is possible.
Good afternoon T0118,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of your concern surrounding the pre-set radio stations for your vehicle. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, however in order to do so, can you please kindly provide your vehicle details via PM.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
T0118 said:
Good day!!

Just look here it informs you of the steering wheel controls, so much quicker and simple.

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T29848/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1885468

Take note where it states long press on the up and down button changes the radio stations.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We've had a couple of posts on this (both this forum and another) and with ICT (at least on mine and a number of others), I doesn't work that way, short or long - it just advances to the next station / channel, not your pre-set. Virtually makes the pre-sets useless.

I'm going to check with my dealer as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
karl1672 said:
We've had a couple of posts on this (both this forum and another) and with ICT (at least on mine and a number of others), I doesn't work that way, short or long - it just advances to the next station / channel, not your pre-set. Virtually makes the pre-sets useless.

I'm going to check with my dealer as well.
Did you have the radio stations set up as your favourites?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, all set as favorites - 18 channels on Sirius. I believe there is some difference between ICT and ICTP. There are set up more as pre-sets, not the "star" as on ICTP. Hoping there is a simple solution, but I'm thinking not.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
karl1672 said:
Yes, all set as favorites - 18 channels on Sirius. I believe there is some difference between ICT and ICTP. There are set up more as pre-sets, not the "star" as on ICTP. Hoping there is a simple solution, but I'm thinking not.
You would have thought if there was a difference then the online manual would mention it, really strange.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Pos.k said:
need to make sure you are looking at the correct manual?
The only choice you get is with or without the CD player as choice of manuals.

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/
The 'Without CD player" controls have a reduced functionality.

Without CD Player

1.Volume up: Press to increase the volume for any source.

2.Volume down: Press to decrease the volume for any source.

3.Seek down: Press to seek down to the previous radio station or to select the previous track on the chosen media source.

4.Seek up: Press to seek up to the next radio station or to select the next track on the chosen media source.

5. MODE: Press repeatedly to scroll through all of the available or connected media sources.

Compared to

With CD Player

1.Volume up: Press to increase the volume for any source.

2.Volume down: Press to decrease the volume for any source.

3.Seek down:

Short press:
To select the previous radio favourite.
To select the previous track or start of the current track on the chosen media source: CD, MP3, etc.
When the phone is in use, press to scroll down lists of calls or contact entries.
To select the previous TV channel on the channel list, or the previous video chapter or DVD chapter.

Long press:
To seek down to the next radio station.

4.Seek up:

Short press:
To select the next radio favourite.
To select the next track on the chosen media source: CD, MP3, etc.
When the phone is in use, press to scroll up lists of calls or contact entries.
To select the next TV channel on the channel list, or the next video chapter or DVD chapter.

Long press:
To seek up to the next radio station.

5. MODE: Short press to scroll through the grouped media sources.

So if you don't have the CD player you can't scroll through Favourites using the steering wheel controls.

Again a confusing differentiation of capabilities and function by Jaguar!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
You would have thought the steering wheel controls would be the same, guess not.

so if you do not have the ITCP format you have to manually press the screen to scroll through the channels.

Weird.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sucks - kind of defeats the purpose of having pre-sets eh? :roll:

That explains why it worked in my Evoque - CD player. The only work around I've found for Sirius is to lock out all the channels your don't want to listen to (rather time consuming). Better yet, Spotify :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's stuff like this that is so illogical and downright frustrating.
Was this the intended functionality or a result of poor coding and software development?
I can't believe they all sat round scoping this and whilst deciding on these kinds of features / functions took the decision to (further) lobotomise the ICT version for something as obscure as scrolling through your stations.

To me it smacks at best of laziness or at worst incompetence

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agree, it is pretty lame, especially when they tout all the technology.

You can access your pre-sets from the media screen, but a) you have to take your eyes off the road and b) if you're using Nav, you have to switch screens. I'm still going to check with my dealer in case this is one of those "features" that they can unlock (like disabling start / stop). Doubtful, but this has little annoyance has become my quest. Fortunately, I haven't had any of the other issues some have had so I need something to bitch about :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
is it an option to use the voice control?

I must admit I haven't explored it much in mine as whatever I have tried hasn't worked.
TBH, I have found it to be less than useless - pays less attention to what I say than my wife.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ouch :eek:

Haven't tried it in the F-Pace, but it was / is pretty lame in our LRs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts