Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ICTP and have undergone 1update which corrected a problem with accessing music through USB stick.
However, it is my understanding that having entered a destination on the route planner app on the phone, the car sat nav then takes over until the destination is reached-then the phone app takes over as you may be parked some distance away.
What is the correct procedure for this to work properly?

2L diesel, automatic heated front screen and ICTP

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
ruskin said:
Have ICTP and have undergone 1update which corrected a problem with accessing music through USB stick.
However, it is my understanding that having entered a destination on the route planner app on the phone, the car sat nav then takes over until the destination is reached-then the phone app takes over as you may be parked some distance away.
What is the correct procedure for this to work properly?

2L diesel, automatic heated front screen and ICTP
Correct. Make sure you are signed in to the same (HERE) account on both the car and the app.

Then when you start the car it will tell you it has detected a new route and ask if you want to use it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I struggle with this too.

It has worked for me once, so pretty sure I have my accounts in the necessary alignment, but usually I get in the car, plug the phone into the USB port, but the Sat Nav doesn't pick up the destination. Do I have to do something else when I get into the car?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi guys just make sure you registered your account on the ICTP in the car itself. Go to nav setttings and it's pretty straightforward. You will know when your logged in. The nav will say "hello Fred" when you are logged in. Assuming your name is Fred of course! Make sure you use the same login as you set up on the Here app.

You then don't need to do anything else. As long as you remain logged into your Here account in the car. Sometimes it does log you out and sometimes it feels as if it has (but actually it's just lost 3G signal)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Iive had the same intermittent problem I find if I go into the app on my phone and stop and start the route it usually works after a couple of attempts

·
Registered
363 Posts
You need to make sure your ICTP mapping is logging in - it should say "Hi <your name>" - if not it isn't going to sync. You also need network connection so if you are in a car park or something it might not sync right away. If you are logged in and maybe coming out of a car park or whatever if you press the menu button (the layers icon) where you have a list of destinations there is a sync icon in the top corner, press this and it should sync manually.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for help and good to see that I am not alone!
App on phone says destination synced.however, on nav screen in the car, map appears and says hello then my name-below it says sign into your account. When I try this( email followed by pass word)it then tells me that an internet connection is required to sign or register a new accoun
However have an account set up and access this via the website on iPad.
Any thoughts?
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
ruskin said:
App on phone says destination synced.however, on nav screen in the car, map appears and says hello then my name-below it says sign into your account. When I try this( email followed by pass word)it then tells me that an internet connection is required to sign or register a new accoun
Any thoughts?
Thanks ;)
Hi ruskin ... do you have a data connection when this happens? I.e. is the 3G symbol showing in the top left of the ICTP screen? I get the same message as you when I first start the car, but after around 1 minute I get a 3G signal and then it syncs.

Have you had data services working, i.e. for traffic etc?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
ruskin said:
Any thoughts?
Thanks ;)
Hi ruskin ... do you have a data connection when this happens? I.e. is the 3G symbol showing in the top left of the ICTP screen? I get the same message as you when I first start the car, but after around 1 minute I get a 3G signal and then it syncs.

Have you had data services working, i.e. for traffic etc?
Don't think I have had data connection,and haven't had data services working.
Do I need to do anything specific?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Ah ok. Have you inserted a data SIM in the slot in the centre console and checked its connecting? You get check its working in the 'connectivity' menu in settings.

This should help

·
Registered
688 Posts
If the cars close to your house try connecting it to your home wifi if mobile signal is poor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Success! Went to connectivity in all settings,then mobile data on which connected to 3G.
Then back to nav screen to sign in which worked and then destinations were synced.
Also tried the wi-fi route as car was parked outside house and this also got me connected.
Thanks to all who helped-much better than the dealer! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone else had this problem and can help with a fix?
If use my phone app to plan a journey and then press START GUIDANCE, even though the app shows my car to be parked up round the corner, it gives me instructions on how to walk the whole way to the destination, ignoring the rather obvious fact that I prefer to just walk to my car and drive the rest of the way.
Boy its been taking me a long time to get to work these days. Still, on the bright side, haven't spent much on fuel.

·
Registered
688 Posts
as per the above you're logged into both ITCP and app on your phone? I see a history or all my nav journeys in the phone app. Just set a route home and its giving me a 6 hour walk to my car from work then drive the rest of the way

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.