Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
Need some advice please, if there is any, before I go to the dealer...
I have been fairly lucky with my F Pace and only had a couple of little glitches but I now have one which is peeing me off a bit and just wondered if there is a self fix?
my sat Nav. obviously this is supposed to know where I am and you can see the pointer following the road you are on.......no, I drive off now, and it still thinks I am at home so it has no clue where I am which means I cannot use the sat nav. the traffic sign recognition only partially works (as it needs the sat navs. help for this). when using Jaguar remote, it knows where the car is. I have tried sending a route via the planner this has also failed as it still thinks I am home. I have logged out of live and then back in again, still doesn't work - I was thinking of deleting the account and then resetting back up (wasn't sure what that would do though so haven't as yet). I have had a good look through the posts but couldn't actually find this fault anywhere.... help please.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
No this is for sure a new one, do you use a mobile phone in the ca and does it show if you have any signal?

Wonder if the antenna side of the car is not working which would show you moving?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was thinking about the antenna maybe not working properly - I do use a mobile in my car and haven't noticed any problems with it but I will check out the signal.
thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just checked the signal and all is fine, so I would say it's not that, but maybe the GPS. I was thinking if there was somewhere where I could delete all my info and start again?
Any thoughts would be very welcome.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Delete everything and try again is all you have left to try to be honest but i feel it will not resolve the issue.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah TBH doesn't seem like you have much choice at this stage. Defiantly first one to have this issue here, so must be something to do with the details.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How old is the car and what software is it running on the ICTP ?
My previous version had a few of those glitches - route planner never worked or updated. Commutes never really worked either.
Once they upgraded it to 2.5 all that worked straight away and I found a few extra nuggets such as been able,to confit their home screen.

My 3G is still useless and drops in and out constantly even when static so that doesn't help some of the sat Nav features but it updates once connected or on wifi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Slight hijack, but linked to Sat Nav.

Pre 2.5, when i had a route set, I used to get the destination weather showing on the left of the screen. Now I get traffic and cannot for the life of me see how to get the destination (or origin I think was an option) weather - anyone any idea how to do it ? Or has the functionality vanished ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Crawfc, there are several functions of the LH screen. Sweeping up (or down) changes them. There are small coloured lights between the screens to let you know which position the screen is in.
I only found this by accident. :eek: :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
crawfc said:
Timbo62 - thanks for this, for some reason cannot message you.
No problem. Happy to help. Sent you a pm as a test.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got car in mid November, all software up to date. Tried deleting everything- Profile settings, data, Live - then tried using the nav "offline" as they call it but that still didn't work. Then re set everything back up and it still didn't work. Gave in and rang the dealers who had a spot free yesterday- they did everything I did and it didn't work and they ended up reinstalling the sat nav - this worked and seems to be ok at the moment ;) Only a day on though :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.